Chapter Nineteen

Karen's dress on the left, Rachel's dress on the right.

Rachel's POV

Karen and I are in the car holding hands and sitting in a comfortable silence. I go into her mind and I see that she's thinking about trying to stop a war.

"Karen, you're going to talk business here aren't you?"

She nodded and pulled up into the driveway.

"I have to do this." She said.

We got out the car and walked in the house hand in hand. I saw Karen tense up and we heard squealing.

"Karen!"

We looked at who it was and it was Roxanne.

"Roxy." Karen said smiling.

They hugged and Taylor was behind her.

"Taylor." She said hugging him.

Roxanne crushed me in a hug and she said, "I missed you guys so much." She let me go and Taylor hugged me too.

"How have you guys been?" Taylor asked.

"Fine. We have a pack now." Karen replied.

"We heard. Taylor is beta now and we have a child." Roxanne said.

"Really?" "Yeah. She's five now."

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Fiona." Taylor replied smiling.

"Karen!" We saw a blonde mop of hair and Karen smiled. "Hi Colton." They hugged briefly and he hugged me.

"Hi Rachel." I hugged him back and said, "Hi Colt."

"I want you guys to meet someone." He said. "Okay." We replied at the same time.

He walked away and came back with a short, Hispanic girl with sand colored skin.

"Honey, this is Karen and Rachel. They're mates. Karen, Rachel meet Talia, my mate."

"Hi." She said holding onto Colton.

"Hello." Karen said smiling.

"I've never met a gay couple before. I didn't know they existed." She said shyly.

"It's not like gay people are mystical creatures Talia. Well, we are special. I guess we're mystical in a way." Karen replied giggling.

"Is kissing a girl different from kissing a guy? I've only ever kissed one guy and that's this guy."

"It is. With guys, they like to mark what's theirs and with girls, they do the same thing but it's gentler. But when it's rough, it's rough." I replied winking.

Karen pinched me and I looked over at her and she narrowed her eyes. I rolled my eyes and Talia asked, "Karen, what was it like dating Colton?"

"Oh wow, uh it was fun. We had some good times together. He was always my friend first then boyfriend second." She replied shrugging.

"I just wanted to know because he told me that you and him were really close and I got a little jealous and upset because I thought he wanted you still."

"Oh no, we've been over and done with for years. He broke up with me first but it wasn't really a break up because I lost all feelings for him when I met Rachel." She said smiling at the end.

"Wow, thanks for playing me." He said sarcastically.

"No problem." She patted him on the shoulder and Talia giggled.