❈ exhaustion ❈

Soon as we got in, everyone began claiming their bunks and me, being as slow as a turtle, was left with the worst. The one right at the bottom.

"Thanks guys for leaving me the one at the bottom but I'm already close enough to the ground as it is so if you don't mind will one of you swap with me," I asked.

"Nope," They all chorused sticking their heads out of the bunks.

"Great!" I said leaving my suitcase on the side and making my way over to the living room area.

Soon after, Kyle walked in and went through a few health and safety things as well as going through our schedule for the next day. It sounded like it was going to be exhausting.

Aimlessly, I scrolled through Netflix hoping that something would eventually catch my interest but it proved to be impossible. I had been sat on this uncomfortable couch for so long, that the rest of the guys had already gone to sleep and were snoozing away.

Checking my phone to see the time, I noticed I had a missed call off my father and immediately swiped right so it would dial him. It took a few rings but it went through in the end, "Hey kiddo!"

"Hey Dad, how are you doin'?"

"You know me, I'm always good. What I really wanna know is how you're doing?" He asked, overly happily that I finally called.

"I'm good, I'm good. Actually, I'm really good," I replied.

"That's great to hear. I got a call off your manager and he let me know how you're settling in and stuff. I'm really proud!"

"Thanks Dad. You know it's what I've always wanted to do," I answered.

"I just wanted to check up on you, it must be hectic. I mean city after city, do you not get tired love?" He asked.

"Well, coffee keeps me going but you know that, it practically runs through my veins!"

"Don't drink too much, it's not good for you though," He stated getting all parental.

"It's okay, I regulate how much I intake. I take care of my health very well," I replied smiling at his caring nature.

"That's good to hear, and shouldn't you be sleeping? The concerts are late nights anyway but this is a joke," And there he goes again.

"Yeah well today we had a show but then we had to get into tour buses for our next trip, and to be honest I can't get to sleep anyway, you know how I get about sleeping when it's moving," I informed him.

"Yeah must be difficult for you to get to sleep right now, but honey honestly you need to, what you do is tiring anyway and I don't want you falling ill because you're being careless."

"Don't worry about it, I promise you I'll go to bed after this conversation but I want to talk to you," I said upon realising how much I was missing him, bringing a tear to my eye.

"Awhh, I miss you, but you're happy right?" He asked.

"Yeah don't get me wrong, I love this but I miss being at home so much. Think I may just be really homesick or I think it may be that I feel like I never get a break around here," I replied a tear streaming down my cheek and I let it fall, ironically as I was staring out of the window.

"Well honey, I know you can do it, and I know it must get pretty boring without me no wonder you're so homesick," He replied making me laugh a little. "See you're laughing already. Anyway you should be going to bed now!"

"Alright, alright. I'm going, I'll call you whenever I next get the time Dad. Love you," I said my goodbyes.

"Love you too, goodnight," He said and then cut the call.