Chapter 9: Pretty Girls in Car Shops

It was a hassle to get out of bed that next morning

It was a hassle to get out of bed that next morning. My blanket had never been cosier, my silk pillows felt like fluffy clouds underneath my cheek, and, thanks to the recent storm, the sound of rain drizzling on the beds of grass filled my ears. But now to cue the real reasons I didn't want to get up: I was hungover, I didn't want to go to school, and here comes the kicker, I had the most vivid sex dream of my life.

But no, it wasn't just a regular sex dream. Nuh-uh, it couldn't be, because my hormones had to throw me a whirlwind on this one. To cut to the chase, I had a threesome... with Matt and Hunter. Like, what the fuck? I felt betrayed by my own body. I know the dream must have been my mind's interpretation of how I felt completely torn between the two of them, but still, I doubt Bella had dreams about having sex with both Edward and Jacob at the same time. 

I rolled to the other side of the bed with a moan, reaching for my iPhone. The time, 8:27 am, flashed on the screen for half a second before the phone shut off from lack of battery. I was late, and to someone that had near perfect attendance, that was a big deal. And I still had to pick up my car and take it to the shop. After an intense half hour, it was hard to just brush this dream, more like nightmare, off like it had never happened. Which it didn't happen, but still, it was hard. But I needed to get to school, missing health class was one thing, but English Literature could not wait. 

I groaned once again, throwing my phone across the bed before heading to my closet. It was Wednesday, which to my parents, meant tennis and brunch at the club with the Van der Vaart's. Thank god my mother wasn't there that morning, she would have made me a Bloody Mary herself if that meant getting me out of bed and to school to serve as queen. Oh, priorities.

I huffed at the sight of all my clothes, there was too much colour, I was feeling black. I picked out the most uncomfortable thing I could find: a skin-tight leather jacket with a matching black circle skirt. It was something I got in the habit of doing when I felt like shit. If you look glamorous and sexy, people can't see under all that. 

I plopped myself onto my make up table, emailing the car company so they would pick up. I was craving coffee like a mother, even though I swear I had OD'd on caffeine that week. While doing my make up, I could hardly keep my eyes open. But much to my annoyance, I was up, I was ready, and I was on my way to find my beautiful Mercedes.

The driver pulled up to where we had left the car, near an array of Maple trees. My booties kicked the dewy leaves that had piled onto the side of the road. I made my way around my car and low and behold, there was only a small dent above the right wheel. I breathed out relief and told the driver to follow me to the car shop. I was 'making sure' there was no further damage, when really I was just stalling. After my actions the night before, I was not in the mood to go to school and explain myself.

Believe or not, I was really surprised about what happened at the party with Amber Hastings. I had never gotten physical with any of my victims before, I had other methods that were much more torturous and effective. But it was just a spur of the moment thing, I guess when she said the word 'virgin' I felt some of the control I had slip away.