Chapter 10: Excusez-Moi, Bitch!

"You bitch!" I stormed into the AP French class and marched towards the second row where Penelope Wellington was seated

"You bitch!" I stormed into the AP French class and marched towards the second row where Penelope Wellington was seated. The students hanged onto their desks, excitement and thirst for drama etched on their faces. With every step of my Louboutin booties, Penelope's green eyes grew wider. I lunged forwards, snatching a good chunk of her blonde locks.

"Ow! What the -" she covered my hand with hers as I tugged at her hair, harshly jerking away from me. "What the hell? Are you insane?!"

Ha, now she was trying to paint me as psychotic in front of her entire class? Wow, she must have been reading Sun Tzu. My mouth fell open but it quickly formed into a sly smile. I threw her onto the ground, cryptically similar to how I pushed Amber the night before.

"Aspen, stop!" Riley, who had followed me there with the rest of my friends, screamed and tried to hold my arms back so I wouldn't take a swing at Penelope's perfectly symmetrical face. So I climbed on top of her, and with my unoccupied hand, I pulled on the dainty necklace that hung around her neck, breaking it, and causing little pearls to fly everywhere.

"Let go, you crazy bitch!" she pleaded as I held both of her wrists down. The anger running so deep in me, I was overcome with the desire to punch her. But I must admit, I was slightly surprised by Penelope's choice of words, I had never seen her use profanity before.

I watched her take heavy breaths and then looked into her green eyes. Fear, shock, and confusion was all I saw. Penelope genuinely looked frightened to death. And that's when I realized she was winning. She had the entire class staring at me in complete disbelief. As much as I wanted to hit her, I couldn't because then she would've been the victor.

Girls fight much dirtier than boys, it isn't about who leaves with the most wounds. Because even if I marked her cheek with a bruise for a week, she would win. Everybody would think I was a paranoid bully. And who were they going to vote for at Prom? Poor, sweet, Penelope who was beat up? Or psycho, evil, Aspen who attacked her?

A satisfied chuckle left my lips and I roughly let go of her wrists, surrendering. I had played exactly into her plan, she wanted a reaction from me. I couldn't let her assume the throne to New Hopewell High, and physically harming her would only garner her more sympathy. I had to out-wit her in every way to defend my position as Queen. And getting into a fight with her was only going to strengthen her argument.

"You two, vice principal's office. Now!" the french teacher's hoarse voiced bounced off the walls and clouded the silent classroom. The students didn't move a muscle, they were still frozen, their eyes on me. Sophie sluggishly bent over, afraid she would set me off, and wrapped her hand around my waist, helping me up.

I don't recall what happened before we reached the office, my head was spinning with revenge plans. All I remember Penelope throwing mean looks my way. Before I knew it Penelope and I were sitting in front of the Vice Principal. The two leather chairs were usually reserved for stoners and troublemakers, though I was getting awfully familiar with them lately.