Chapter 8: Supermodel Skinny

Amber Hastings was the most popular girl at Fairview High, which was not a surprise since she was the daughter of a retired supermodel

Amber Hastings was the most popular girl at Fairview High, which was not a surprise since she was the daughter of a retired supermodel. A bombshell, her mother had graced the cover of every major magazine in the 90's. But once her beauty faded, she ended up like any other washed-up model; married to a millionaire, addicted to her self-image, and trying to relive glory days through her offspring.

Amber, who had inherited her mother's good looks, was a part-time model, and a full-time, dare I say it, whore. She was one of those girls who was so self-assured, it was sickening. She really was a good time call, and would sleep with anyone that had a trust fund and a letterman jacket. She was almost like a girl-version of Matt: shameless, overconfident, remorseless when it came to breaking up relationships. And someone needed to put her in her place.

My heels clicked on the stone patio, they felt heavy, and I could hardly keep my balance. I spotted Amber mingling by the drinks table with some girls from the nearby prep school.

"Amber, d'ya have a minute?" I hissed, gaining obnoxious stares from the prepsters who were well-aware I was friends with Tessa.

"Let me just finish my drink," Amber widened her cognac-colored eyes with a grin as she returned to the two girls.

I stood there for a second or two, with a stank look. I snatched the cup from Amber's hand and poured what was left of it onto the ground. "There, all done!" A witty smile grew on my face as I handed it back to her, and the two snobs walked away with their jaws hanging open.

"What the hell was that for?" Amber croaked as she swung towards my direction, vexation emitted off of her eyes.

"Hmm, I don't know... for sleeping with my best friend's boyfriend!" I spat back at her with a venomous glare.

She blinked her lashes at me with a delighted chortle, "Maybe Caden wouldn't be so desperate for female company if your best friend wasn't such a raging bitch."

With a scoff, I shook my head, realizing that we were enticing one too many stares. What was up with people confronting me? Had they forgotten who I was?

I looked down at my feet and took one step towards her, "Just keep your dirty little paws off things that don't belong to you, you slut. Why don't you hike up your skirt and let every guy in here take a turn hitting you from behind?"

"Maybe I will," an artful smile formed on her lips, "Jealous, little virgin?"

I pressed my fingertips onto my ample hips, my nose twitching. How did she...? How could she...? Virgin, the word echoed off the walls in my brain. A certain whirlwind of nausea came over me as I stared dead into her eyes. Unshakable rage steadily began to trickle thorough me. The alcohol clouding my judgement, I let out an angered chuckle. I lifted my arms and pushed Amber with all the strength that I could gather, causing her to trip over backwards, hit her head on the concrete, and fall straight into the pool.