chapter nine

Song: Into The Rest ft Kellin Quinn

Silence: The Sound Of Quietness

*

TWO YEARS EARLIER BEFORE THE WEDDING

*

Woman: "How many I help you today, sir"

Luke: "my fiancé has a surgery appointment today"

Woman: "hold on"

(No respond; flashback fades slowly)

Luke's POV

The nurse was looking for Ashton's name on the list for today, and I wasn't being patient I mean what's taking them so long to look for a simple name, I mean I don't know anything about hospitals I hate them so much it gives me the chills. My fiancé is snuggling in my arm of scare he doesn't even knows why we are here. How am I give him a long explanation in sign language I can barely do some words but to put everything together I can't do it.

I had to wait until the doctor shows up, and at the moment he hasn't been present ever since last month and what I got is that Ashton's Doctor, Dr. Bolton, was on a vacation. Did he forgot that Ashton had an appointment with him? I'm sure he did. Ashton has to get his ear surgery and be a succeed for our wedding which is in two years and we are planning to have it in two years and if not then we have to try it again and he's going to be having medical treatments and postpone it in two more years and surely weddings can wait...I think that's how it works?

Woman: "Ashton Irwin?"

I look up exiting out of my thoughts

Luke: "yes?!" Even if that wasn't me how is Ashton going to answer her.

Woman: "Dr. Bolton should be here shortly, he's running a little late, would you mind waiting a little longer?"

I mean I've been waiting for this man for how long? Oh yeah that's right like an hour or two already so why the hell not eh?

Luke: "yeah of course I'll wait for him."

Woman: "thank you, in twenty minutes I'll escort you to a room when I find one available"

I said thanks and we waited a bit longer. I looked at my little cutie having his head on my shoulder with his few messy curls covering some of his eyes just zoning out I wonder what he's thinking about, and I hope beautiful things or maybe imagining our wedding, how perfect would it be. Cuddling into my right arm holding it close to him, how it the damn world did I got this lucky? Tell me how lucky I got.

The woman distracted me calling us to a room that Dr. Bolton will soon budge in later. After we got in the room was cold, more likely chilly and I hate these type of rooms. Ashton stare at me wondering if the doctor will even show up. I gave him a nod and told him in a little bit with my fingers.

After thirty minutes later waiting Dr. Bolton came in into the room greeting us and apologizing for coming late. I told him not to worry and started giving regular physical check ups on Ashton.

"Ashton is nice and healthy, keep it up. Remember when Ashton was really depressed because he couldn't see? And well you did a really good job on keeping him healthy even if he never wanted to eat accordingly from your words in the past few years" said Dr. Bolton.

Tell me why he keeps bringing some of the past again, I'm pretty sure I don't want to be reminded again. I said to him. "Yeah, but please don't remind me of it. All I did was the best I could do to make my fiancé happy, I never wanted to see him sad, and that's the last thing I want to see in his face is sadness in his eyes."

"You guys do know I can read some of the words you are speaking, I'm not that deaf.. Or am I still deaf even if I read lips?" said Ashton with a confused look, "so anyway, tell me if I'll be able to hear again and if not I don't care anymore I would rather want the world on silent because honestly it's been great ever since the world shut down on me. All I ever wanted is to see at least so I can see Luke everyday." He said.

And honestly that's the sweetest thing so far today I heard.

But really, I want my baby to hear as well and we are going to get that for him no matter what!

"No, don't say that Ashton" I told him that looking at him now. "We are not going to stop fighting until we, you, get it back. You deserve sound in your life; your life will eventually get boring without any sound in your life. Remember we made a band way back, why? Because we loved making music, which it needs sound! So you DO need the sound in your life babe. Did you get all that?" Looks back at the Dr. Bolton chuckling with confusion "I'm here talking to him like if he could hear me.

Ashton shook his head "of course I got it; well some of it. But I guess you are right after all."

"Good" I said giving him a kiss in the forehead. "So what's next?" Looking at the doctor.

"Ashton is ready for the big surgery and his date will be next month on the 26th of July. So prepare him for that, or should I say excite him for it"

I smiled and thanked Dr. Bolton for this best service, this man is so recommend to any person who needs a doctor. First the eye surgery was kind of scary because what if my babe loses his eyes because one damn mistake and could turn into a damn zombie.. Okay I got to cut the horror movies out. And now his ear surgery. He could finally be like any normal human.

"You see babe, we did it! Now we have to prepare you for another month, staying inside the cold creepy room again." Ashton smiled and he was actually excited. I opened the door for him hoping in and planning to drive a near by Walmart or Target to get a few things for his stay at the hospital.

"Hey, I wonder how Calum and Michael are doing..?" I ask myself while the radio was playing Hands To Myself which I changed because things can go... You know.

Ashton read my lips "let's visit them!" And so we did

--
(A/N): I'm back and I hope you guys like this.
I'll be back soon for another update of the story.
This story will be short but there's going to be a third book so stay tune for that

Stay awesome bros