Chapter Nine

I was sitting in the break room, having lunch. Food was my everything... Like really.

I'm 24 now but I know I sound like a teenager. Some things never changed, well I guess most of them never did.
Catherine, Nick and Warrick entered the room arguing about something.
I looked at them with my mouth stuffed with veggies.

"I can't believe you would do this Catherine! I was so close to having him say the truth!" Warrick throws his arms in the air with frustration.

"You were so close to beating the hell out of him and he would charge you with assault" Catherine explained and they started talking at the same time, Nick trying to stop them both.

I rolled my eyes and swallowed the food before I said out loud.

"Quiet!!" And the three of them stopped and looked at me.

"I'm trying to eat in peace." I looked at them. They're still starting at me.

"What?" I said and Warrick shook his head.

"Whatever. I'm not gonna talk to that guy again" He walked towards the small fridge and took a plastic covered plate and placed it on the table.

"Well that would be very good for you" Catherine told him. Nick sat next to me and whispered a thank you in my ears. I chuckled and continued eating. Catherine sat next to Warrick and started writing on a paper.

"Are you a vegetarian like Sarah?"
Warrick asked me and I looked up at him.

"No actually, I can't live without meat." I said and he nodded in agreement.

"Yeah I don't know how she lives without eating one piece of meat"

"Me neither" I said.

Nick's phone rang and he picked it up.
"Stokes... Yeah? We'll be right there." With that he hung up.

"Brass just called, they found Joe." Nick turned his head to me.

"Oh great, let's go and talk to him" I took one last sip from my water and threw the plate in the trash.

"Well I'm afraid he won't be talking that much" Ugh not again. I hate when that happens.

You actually find enough evidence to charge someone with murder and then he turns out dead. Crazy isn't it?

"Oh that is just perfect. Let me just grab my kit" Nick nodded and said bye to Warrick and Catherine.

We arrived at the scene and saw the officer standing next to the door.

"Hey, what happened in there?" Nick asked and the officer let us inside.

"We came to his house to pick him up, we found the lock broken and when we entered we found him dead." Officer said.

"Where did you find him?" I asked and he lead us to a room.

"In his bedroom, on his bed" The man said and we thanked him.

We entered the bedroom and found Joe, laying there dead, with a bullet in his head.

"Hey super Dave, what do we got?" Nick said and we got closer to the bed.

"Liver temp says he's been dead for 3 or 4 hours. He got a single shot to the head, no signs of struggle"

"Thank you David. He's all yours" I told him and a man helped him move the body outside.

Nick started processing the bed and I started taking pictures of the room.
"Can you turn the lights off please?" Nick asked and did what he told me to.

"I found semen.... And some old blood" Nick said, I dropped on my knees and bent more to see whats under the bed.

I gasped and backed away with fear in my eyes.

"Jessie whats going on?" Nick said with a worried look on his face.

"Nick, t-there's a bomb under the bed, run.. NOW" We got out quickly but the bomb exploded and soon I felt myself flying across the hall and landed on my face, Nick was laying 6 feet across grunting.

Dust and pieces flew in all the directions and I couldn't see clearly. And I felt sharp pain in my left arm. I looked at it and saw a piece of glass stuck in it. It hurts so badly tears started to form in my eyes.

C'mon Jessie you're stronger than this.
I stood and walked towards Nick, he had a few scratches on his face and hands.

"Nick! are you okay?! Nick!" I yelled and he opened his eyes. The officers came running, grabbed me and led me outside to the ambulance.

"Ma'am are you okay?" One of the officers asked me and I looked at him.

"I'm fine I just need to get this glass out of my arm. Is Nick okay?" I saw him getting out of the house with an officer and they came towards me, I ran and hugged him with one arm and he hugged me back.

"I'm so glad you're alive oh my god" I'm panicking right now.

What just happened? One moment we were processing the scene and the other I just looked under the bed and boom! The place just exploded and things started break and shatter and fly everywhere.

The ambulance took us straight to the hospital and my head was spinning.