Chapter Twenty

"This is Grissom I need medical backup at our location ASAP, Jessie stay with me don't close your eyes" Grissom said while pressing on an open wound on Jessie's thigh.

"Jessie, hey listen to me stay with me please. What's your favorite thing about boxing tell me, Jess" I looked at her hazy eyes, struggling to stay awake. I held her head in my lap, putting her hair out of her face.

"L-letting... Please, make it stop please it hurts. Greg, please" The tears streamed out of her eyes down the sides of her face.

Her face.

I've never seen her like this ever before. Cuts and bruises were everywhere on her face, her arms, her stomach. Her dress was torn in some places. It's color was almost not seen because of the dirt and blood covering it. The dress which she wore for our date. Minutes seem to feel like hours until finally the ambulance arrived.

"I'll carry her, let's go" And I did so, I carried her by myself to the ambulance and sat next to her the whole ride. She was unconscious when we arrived to the hospital. We rushed her into a room and the doctor did his job from that moment.

Half an hour later the doctor came out of the room and I got up once I heard the door being opened.

"Please tell me she's gonna be okay" I anxiously asked.

The doctor nodded his head and patted my shoulder reassuringly, "She has a few broken rips and deep wounds on both of her legs, along with the scratches and bruises. But don't worry I did everything and she'll be perfectly fine"

"Okay, thank you so much doctor"

"There's also one more thing.." the doctor trailed, and I started to get worried again.

"W-what is it? You said she's gonna be fine"

"She will be, but I found something else. As you know I did a general check on her, means I checked for everything and I..." he took a deep breath and continued, "I found evidence of sexual assault" He finished and my heart sank to the ground.

"Holy shit" I ran both of my hands though my hair, not believing what he was saying.

He touched her.

"But don't worry I didn't find any trace of semen" He said and looked down "I'm really sorry CSI Sanders"

"Thank you doctor, for everything. Can I see her?" I gulped down, trying to get rid of the lump in my throat.

"She's sleeping right now, she needs to rest but yes you can see her. She's gonna be okay. She's a very strong woman" He squeezed my shoulder lightly and patted it again before nodding and leaving.

I didn't hesitate a second, I opened her room's door and grabbed the chair and sat next to her bed. She looked so broken, yet beautiful and peaceful. Her lips were slightly parted, her chest was moving up and down lightly. She got cleaned up from all the dirt, but the bruises and scratches became more visible. God how can someone be so beautiful even when they're in pain.

I held her hand and starred at her face for a few minutes before laying my head next to her arm and closing my eyes, wishing this was a nightmare that I would wake up from.

________________

A few hours later

I heard the door open and a bunch of footsteps walking in. I woke up and opened my eyes to find everyone in the room, Sarah, Warrick, Grissom, Nick, Catherine and even Hodges came. Some had flowers in their hand, others came with food.

"How is she doing?" Catherine was the first to talk.

"Doctor said she'll be fine, she has a few rips broken and those deep wounds on both her thighs. She didn't wake up yet" I got up from the position I was in and winced when my back bones slightly cracked from sitting up straight. "Did you catch him?"

They all looked down or away from my eyes and Grissom shook his head.

"Not yet. I sent people to the house to collect all the evidence there and some others to track him down since he shouldn't be that far away from there" He explained.

I nodded my head and glanced at her then looked back at them. "I want this bastard behind bars as soon as possible. I'm not gonna let him get away with this"

"Greg, I think you shouldn't work on this case, Jess-"

"No, I'm gonna work on it. This case is mine."

————————
Hello my loves!!!
If there are any of you who are a Vampire Diaries fan, please let me know what do you think of me writing a fan fiction about the one and only Kai Parker.

Please comment and let me know if I should write a fan fiction about Kai or not.

All the love xx