Chapter Twelve

Greg's P.O.V.

After this busy night, I really needed to go home. I was laying in bed, starring at the ceiling. I just couldn't sleep. Everytime I close my eyes and try to I just can't. I can't stop thinking about her.

I'm supposed to move on to another girl and it just keeps going and going. But this Jessie... No she was way different than the others.

I sighed and decided to send her a text message. It's 1 A.M but whatever.

Hey :) You up? Can't sleep :( G.

In 5 minutes I got a text back from her.

Hey! :) Yeah I can't either. Wanna meet somewhere? xx J.

Sure! :) Where do you wanna meet? xx G.

Near the neighbourhood, there's a place that used to be a training centre. xx J.

Okay.... What are you doing in an old training centre? xx G.

Come and find out ;) xx J.

Be there in 15. xx G.

I smiled like an idiot and quickly changed into a pair of jeans, a black t-shirt and a jacket. I drove to the old centre, wawo they did absolutely nothing with it.

I walked in and called her name but I didn't get a reply.

"Jessie? Are you there? It's Greg"

I heard faint breathing coming from the upper floor so I decided to find out. Man if I was a CSI now I would've got my gun with me. What if something bad happens and I get killed? Oh man up Greg what would you do if you're going on the field.

I climbed the stairs carefully and I almost tripped because some of the steps are broken.

"Jess? Is that you?" I said out loud as I reached up.

"Over here! On your right!" She yelled back and I can hear her breathing rapidly punching something.

I entered the hall and saw here standing there, wearing a sports bra and shorts with black trainers on, punching a big bag infront of her.

Damn....

"So that's what you do here huh?" I smiled at her and she stopped smiling back at me.

"Yep. I come here three times a week" She grabbed a bottle of water and drank half of it.

"I don't wanna hug you now I'm all sweaty" She laughed slightly.

"I don't care if you're sweaty or not come here" I reached her body and hugged her, she just giggled and hugged me back. We pulled from each other's grip and I looked around the place.

"This place is just..... I'm surprised it didn't fall down or something" I looked back at her and she placed the bottle next to her sports bag.

"Well it's been 6 years since it was closed so..." She nodded her head and looked around as well.

"Wawo you already know a lot of things about Vegas look at you" She blushed and looked at the ground.

"Well you can say I'm the kind of girl who loves searching about a lot of things" She went bag to punching this bag with her bare hands. I swear to god if this was a person he'd be dead in 2 seconds.

"For a girl like you, I didn't expect you love boxing" I walked around her, studying every inch of her movements.

"Well, me and dad used to go boxing back in England. After my mum died we figured out we'd do something to distract us a little from all this sadness and depression. It was fun though! We used to go everyday for 2 hours. And not only boxing, we also work out which was very good" Her punches became stronger and harder on the bag.

"That's really nice. It's obvious you have a very strong bond with your family. Especially your dad" There were only two dim lights in the room, her face I can't fully see it.

"Well he took care of me really well after what happened with my mum. He's the reason I'm here today. I've got an amazing job, amazing friends, in a beautiful city like Vegas. Without him I would've stayed broken doing absolutely nothing with my life" I nodded and gave her a slight smile.

"Easy on the bag girl" I joked with her and she laughed.

"How about your father, if you don't mind asking. Did he get married after your mum's death?" I asked hoping I would get an answer. She stopped and sat on the ground and I did the same next to her.

"No he didn't. He didn't like the idea of another woman in the house. And I was old enough to count on myself in most things." She paused.

"He loved my mother a lot. I'm very thankful we weren't these kind of families that are broken and have a lot of problems and so on"

"Well I'm glad you got to live this happy life with your parents. And they'd be so proud of you now. Graduated and got a job instantly in the city you've always dreamed of." I gave her a warm smile and she hugged me again, but this time she just stayed there in my arms. Resting her head on my shoulder.

"Thank you for being here. Really I don't really know what I would do without you" I relaxed at her words and let out a sigh of relief.

I was so happy once these words came out of her mouth.
"That's what friends are for right?" I looked at her beautiful brown eyes and she smiled widely.

"Right" I chuckled and she pulled away, now she's sitting in front of me, her legs are crossed together showing her amazing tanned legs.

"How about you? Do you have any hobbies or sports you like to play?" She seemed so interested and excited to know more of me.

"I used to play chess back in high school. I won a lot of competitions" I told her and she listened carefully.

"What about now? Why wouldn't you?"

"I guess because I don't really have time. I love my job and I want to focus more on it" I said and she nodded her head.

"Well maybe you could teach me how to play chess sometime?" Her eyes are so beautiful you can get lost into them.

I'm falling for her.

"I'd love to. And you could help me to learn how to box so I can kick some ass" She laughed and I laughed along with her.

"It would be my pleasure sanders"

_______________________________
Woo! Thats a pretty long chapter!😃Don't forget to comment and vote! Thank you❤️