Chapter Sixteen

Greg is having his last test today and they headed to the crime scene.
I had another case to solve so I couldn't be there with him, but I wished him luck before he left.
I'm happy if he passed the test we would see each other more during work cause sometimes I don't have the chance to see him somewhere outside the lab.
I began processing the car they brought in to the garage in the lab.
I laid on my bag and slid under the car to check what's there.
"Holy shit!" I quickly got from under the car and stood holding my chest.
A rat just came out suddenly it scared me!
"You okay there Jessie?!" Sarah came in, a worried look is drawn on her face.
I caught my breath and nodded.
"Yeah... I'm fine, its just... A rat came suddenly out from under the car it scared me" I checked under the car but it was gone.
"Where is it now?" She said searching around.
"Somewhere in the garage, if we hear a scream then we found it" I said and she chuckled.
She put on her gloves and started helping me out with the car.
"Is there anything between you and Greg? If you don't mind me asking" Sarah said breaking the silence.
"What do you mean?"
"You know... Are you guys like.. Together? I noticed you've been hanging with him a lot"
"Oh no we're not. We're just friends he's a very nice guy. Besides I don't know if he likes me or not" I said as I checked what was in the car trunk.
"Oh you should come and see this" She came and shook her head.
"People are insane. We should get these out carefully" We started taking the bloody tools out of the trunk as she continued talking.
"So you do like him?"
"I really don't know. I mean I've never ever liked someone in my life after what happened with me in college, I'm afraid I would screw it and tell him and then I find out that he doesn't feel the same way" I sighed and looked at her.
"What happened in the past is gone now, you shouldn't let this keep your mind off of the things that are more important. Besides love is all about taking risks.
And I noticed him as well, the guy never takes his eyes off of you!" She said smiling, and I can feel my cheeks turning a shade of pink.
"You're kidding" How couldn't I notice this?!
"Nope not at all. Besides you guys would look cute together I can see it.... Actually everyone can" She winked at me and exited the room with a couple of bags in her hands.

I smiled like an idiot the whole time until I was done processing the car.

Greg's P.O.V
It's been a week since I finished my case and Grissom hasn't told me if I passed the test or not.
Its nerve racking I've been thinking about the test for a long time my brain hurts.
"Hey hey! I got you chicken wings" Jessie entered the room bringing me back to the real world.
I sighed and thanked her.
"What's on your mind Sanders?" She said while eating her salad.
"It's just the test. Grissom hasn't told me yet"
"Don't worry it'll all be okay, don't think about it too much focus on your work" She said and I looked up at her to see her smile.
"What are you smiling at?"
"Nothing! I'm reassuring you there's nothing to worry about, thats my reassuring smile!" Oh she's definitely hiding something.
I shook it off and continued eating my food.
I really like Jessie, yep I said it.
I do like her and I want to ask her to be my girlfriend.
"Wanna go somewhere tonight after we finish our shift?" I asked her, hopefully she'd be free.
"Yeah sure!" She replied.
"Great" I smiled at her and I headed to Grissom's office, cause I'm seriously tired of this I just want to know if I passed or not, probably not.
I entered the office and the chair's back was facing me, apparently he's reading something.
"Grissom, anything new on my field test?"
No answer.
"Grissom seriously" I sighed and turned the chair around...
Am I dreaming?
There was a doll on the chair that had a paper on it that says "Congratualtions".
Suddenly out of nowhere I heard clapping and cheering.
I turned around to see Nick, Warrick, Jessie, Catherine and Sarah behind me cheering and saying congrats.
I turned around and saw Grissom standing by his desk.
"Congratulations Greg, you passed the test" Grissom said smiling and I couldn't help but smile back at him.
"Thank you so much Grissom" I went for a hug.

Jessie's P.O.V
I'm so happy for him, he finally did it!!
He turned around and came to hug all of us one by one.
"I'm so proud of you Greg, congratulations. You deserve it" I said to him and he grinned.
"Thanks to you. What would I do without you?" He hugged me again and I hugged back ofcourse.
We drank champaign to celebrate and Greg couldn't erase that perfect smile on his face.

To UsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara