Twenty Four

Greg's P.O.V.

"So, how's it going back in the lab?" Asked Jessie while I helped collecting her stuff before we could leave the hospital.

She finally was able to get out of the hospital after the doctor did general checkups on her. The bruises fading away slowly and her cuts starting to heal. She has been in the hospital for a whole week.

"Great. Everyone misses you though. You really were the life of the party there" She grinned upon hearing this and flipped her hair and sighed dramatically. "You guys can't live without me for a week, what would you do when I go for vacation?" I rolled my eyes at her and zipped up the bag which contained her cloths and other personal belongings.

"I take that back" She pouted and crossed her arms in-front of her chest like a child. She just couldn't get any cuter, could she?

"Just kidding, I honestly don't know what we would do" I chuckled and she waved her hand away "You'll be fine shut up" She said, blushing while snatching the bag away from me. Shaking my head we left the room to downstairs to sign some papers before climbing into the SUV and heading towards her house.

The ride back home was filled with comfortable silence, the radio blasting songs at a low volume, sometimes me or her would hum along the beat of a song we recognized. We just enjoyed each other's presence. She seems fine and absolutely happy, but knowing Jessie she always puts up that smile on her face while deep inside she's struggling. She doesn't want to annoy people with her problems nor turn the mood upside down talking about her issues even if it was about how she spilled the coffee and ruined her favorite shirt.

I want her to be comfortable with us, we're her family and I myself would take a bullet for her. Jessie has entered our heart and took a big place and settled in it. She's that kind of person who once you look at, your whole life problems disappear. Only to be filled with an unbelievable amount of happiness.

Once we arrived at our destination, we hopped out of the car and I carried the bag, following behind and coming to a stop to unlock the door. The apartment was good as new, cleaned after collecting the evidence.

"Sarah and Catherine helped cleaning the apartment" I placed the bag on the floor next to one of the couches and we locked eye contact. She had a genuine smile on her face "I have to thank them. I really appreciate this l, Greg" She looked around and decide to go change her cloths into comfier ones.

"You sit down, I'll go change real quick. Can you order Chinese please? I'm really craving it" She asked ever so shyly while picking at her finger nails.

"Of course, I will. You go take your time".

She gave me a quick smile and went to her room. Once she locked the door I let out the biggest sigh and slumped on the couch. I need to talk to her about it, she can't just keep it inside for the rest of her life. For the time being I dialed a Chinese's restaurant number and made an order.

She emerged from her room, wearing the most adorable baby blue pajamas, with a little bear that's poking out from the pocket situated on top of her right breast. Her hair in a messy bun, face bare and free of makeup. Just how I love it.

"The fuck are you staring at?" That made me snap out of my thoughts and I felt the heat creep into my cheeks, "Oh, s-sorry I was just...j-just... oh just come sit for heavens sake". I stuttered and she had an amused look on her face, I turned my head facing the TV, not daring to look into her eyes.

I heard her plop next to me and I slowly turned to meet her confused gaze. "So...." before I can even continue there was a knock on the front door, I rose up and mumbled something about getting the door. I paid the man and slammed the door shut. Placing the food on the coffee table, I started to take out the containers and chopsticks.

"Are you gonna eat or what?" I asked and she snapped out of her daze and nodded quickly, snatching the pair of chopsticks from my hands and we started eating in silence.

"How are you feeling so far?" I decided to make a conversation and she looked up at me while slurping the noodles into her mouth.

"I'm great. Way much better. The bruises are starting to fade away an-"

"No I meant how are you feeling, mentally and emotionally? I can tell you're getting better physically, your body is healing well".

She went silent again and slumped her shoulders down, mumbling a quick 'I'm fine'.

"You know you can let it go Jessie, it's okay to cry. You don't have to be strong all the time, it's okay to let go and cry it out or just talking about it" I paused, studying her face features "I'm here for you, you should talk about it. You can't just hide all this pain and suffer all alone. It's not good for your mental heath, Jess".

I saw tears prickling in her eyes and she let out a shaking breath "I just don't want let people into my problems" she said weakly and I placed my noodle cup back on the coffee table. I placed a few loose strands of her hair behind her ear and she leaned slightly into my touch, a small smile began to form on my face.

"We are in this together, if we don't help you we would be the shittiest friends on this planet. You deserve to be loved Jessie, you deserve friends, you deserve happiness. And I'm willing to give this to you all the time. I'm here to support you no matter what".

She as well placed her cup on the coffee table, turning to me again she seemed to think it through, she nodded understandably and sneaked her arms around my waist, placing her head on my chest. I froze for a second before wrapping my arms around her small shoulders, I kissed the top of her head and I heard her starting to cry.

"It's okay, there you go.... let it out.... it's okay" I reassured her while rubbing circles on her back with one of my hands. Small sobs and gasps leaving her mouth every once in a while. Seeing her like this hurts so much my heart aches for her.

"I'm here, it's okay"

A few minutes passed by and her cries died down, she lifted her head from my chest and I locked my eyes with her glassy ones. I dared not to steal a glance at her lips but she seemed do this herself.

and the next moment her trembling lips met mine.

To UsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara