Chapter two: Why do these awkward moments happen to me?

Sarah's POV

~It's hard to avoid things that keep coming back. ~

I picked up my head, and our eyes made four.

There he was, ripped jeans, jean chain, white T-shirt, and leather jacket in all its glory, crouched over in front of me with a smirk.

Jacob.

I peered my eyes beyond him and of course his stupid friends were standing against the locker there smirking too.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, but I don't have time to converse right now." I stated to them as I tried to get up off the floor but failing to do so.

"Yo Jake, give her hand, she needs it. ". One of the boys said, laughing a little louder.

I gasped audibly.

"I do not need help. I am a strong independent woman and will not stand for this treatment." I scuffed at them from the floor.

"Well good job, you definitely aren't standing," Jacob remarked, flashing his pearly whites.

"Girl power!" another shouted, and the laughter began again.

Finally getting my footing, I picked up my womanhood. Each tampon. one by one. I brushed off my jeans off and gave them the most fake close mouth smile I could muster up, as my teeth grinded back and forth behind my lips. Jacob stood up now towering over me.

I have a feeling I'm forgetting something...or I'm suppose be somewhere. CLASS?!!

"So, you are just going to stand there admiring my good looks."

That smirk would not leave his face. His handsome face that I wanted to punch so badly.

"Although I'm flattered don't you have class to be at." He said cockily.

"It's not like I wanted to see you and I'm not admiring you." I said bitterly placing everything in my bag and aggressively zipping it up.

"Sure Sunshine, if that's what you want me to believe." he said adjusting his leather jacket.

"My name is Sarah and don't call me that again." I snapped even more bitterly than before.

I had no intention of talking to Jacob and his fellow laughing hyenas anymore. I pushed passed him and continued my journey to class but a hand having a firm hold on my wrists stopped me. Doesn't this guy have something better to do than to torment me.

"Let go of me, bulldozer!" I said trying to wiggle my way out of his hold.

"You're hurting my feelings." he said pouting at me mockingly.

The more I moved was the more he tightened his hold on my arm.

I pushed and shoved at him but he wouldn't budge. I had no other choice, so I did what Andy independent woman would. I elbowed him in his ribs with all my force. He made an 'umph' sound and he slowly released me.

How's that for being independent.

Doing a little victory dance in my head. I ran until I reached the door of my math class, not glancing back once. I took a deep breath and turned the knob on the door.

As I opened the door to my math class, all eyes were on me. Mr. Clark, who was leaning against the board, averted his eyes towards me as he tapped furious against the board. I gave him a sheepish smile in exchange and suddenly, the class became dead silent. He flipped his wrist over and looked at me and then back at his wrist.

"Ms. Jones, you are six minutes late for class, please take your seat and write the equations off the board. "He said scowling at me.

I wouldn't have been late if the idiot would have gotten out of my way.