Chapter fourteen: I can't

SARAH POV

~We all have secrets we don't want anyone to find out~

Jacob's eyes trail down and up my figure as he stared at me in disbelief. Many emotions  flickered in his eyes but fear stood out the most.

I wonder what he's scared about?

"Why is she here?" He said, his voice icy cold as he glared at Tre.

He opened his mouth and then shut it, startled at Jacob's sudden change in tone. The body guards begin to back away from Jacob, leaving the argument to Jacob, Tre and I.

"I followed him in here, don't blame him." I spoke for Tre, who sent me a thankful smile.

Jacob eyes darted towards me and he scowled. He walked closer until he was mere inches away from me. The blazing anger in his eyes made me step back as he came closer.

My heart started to thump against my chest and my hands become clammy. I tried to control myself from panicking but it only made it worst.

"You will never speak of this." He whispered into my ear and I flinched. The warning in his voice was crystal clear.

Before I could rebut he roughly grabbed my wrist and dragged me away from the dark tunnel and to the parking lot.

We ended up stopping in front of a blue Mercedes Benz and he released my hand. He dug into his pockets for something and when he found it, he took out a remote key. He pressed the button and the car made a click sound indicating it's open.

Jacob walked around the passenger side and opened the door.

"Get in." He said motioning for me to get into the car.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

I put up my index finger at Jacob, silently telling him to wait. I dug into my back pocket and retrieved my phone. I glance at the caller ID to see Caleb calling me.

For a moment I forgot they were still here.

I slid the phone screen and put it to my ear but Jacob grabbed the phone from my hand and put it to his ear.

"Hello? " he said through the speaker.

"Yeah, she's right here." he answered looking at me and then at the arena.

I observed around the parking lot, for an illegal race track many people like the idea of street racing. As far as my eyes could see cars and more cars lined up side by side.

If this is so popular how come I hadn't heard of this place before? I wonder how Caleb came across this place?

Millions of unanswered questions swirl around in my head that I wanted to answers to.

"Princess, Where are you going?" I heard Jacob call out from behind me and I turned around to see his angry demeanor totally gone.

I looked at the distance between Jacob and I to see that I have wondered far away from the car. I didn't even realize I was moving.

"I don't know, but I think I can find my way home." I shouted and he just blinked at me before I continued walking.

"Do you even realize where you are?" He questioned and I stopped walking.

He's right I have no clue to where I am and how far my house is.

I made a one hundred eighty degree turn and walked towards the car, where Jacob was standing with my phone. As I looked up at him, the first thing that catches my eye was the smirk plastered across his face.