Chapter seven: She can never know

Jacob's POV

~You say the unexpected when your angry~

"Why are you really doing this?"

How could she have known I was lying?

I don't think I can tell her. It was hard enough for me to process, she can never know it. I shake my head to try and get the memory out. If I tell her she would want nothing to do with me ever again.

"Nothing," I told her hoping she would leave it there. My gaze meets her eyes and I see concerned emotions swirl around in her big brown eyes. She opened her mouth to say something but someone beat her too it.

"Hey, Jake sup?" Caleb said while standing behind her. She turned around to face him with her back turned to me.

"Since when are you allowed to call him Jake?" She questioned him.

"Since always,"

"She giving you any trouble here bro?" He asked turning his attention back to me.

"Nah, I'm just helping with the boxes." I responded

"Squirt, don't just stand there, get out of the way and let the young lad do his job." He said while pushing his sister out of the way. She stumbles a little almost falling on her face. She controls her balance before sending death glared his way. He steps out of the way letting me pass so that I can put down the boxes.

"You only said that so you don't have to do the work," She said in a matter-of-fact voice

"So, he volunteered, I'm not stopping him." Caleb said

"Huh? What do you mean by volu-" Sarah was cut off by her mother

"Jacob, I see you have come to help." she said giving me a genuine smile

"Yes Ma'am, just thought I would help out, It's the least I could do"

"You don't have to call me that it makes me feel old, call me Susan,"

"Can I just call you Mrs. J?"

"No problem, Jacob" she smiled at me before leaving us to go join her husband.

Sarah swiftly turns her attention back to me with a confused emotion swirling in her eyes.

I place the last box on the floor and try to exit the house before Sarah could ask me anything else. I walk through the front door and make my way to where my house is supposed to be. I feel a small hand on my shoulder. I don't look back because I already know who it is.

"Sarah please, just forget about it." I said while shrugging her hand off my shoulder.

"No!" She exclaims rather harshly.

Sarah, why do you have to be so stubborn?

I continue my journey to my house beside hers. When I reach the front door, I let out a sigh of relief. She stopped following me. Thank god I thought I would have to make a run for it our something.

"Just tell me," My body tenses when I hear her voice but I quickly recover from it. She really wants to know, I turn around to face her.

"Tell me, tell me, tell-"

"Just shut up already!! Your so annoying, No wonder you don't have a boyfriend." I snapped feeling the anger boiling up within me.

Immediately, I feel guilty for what I said, I regret every word. My eyes meet hers. I saw hurt swirl in her big brown eyes for a second and then her face went emotionless.

"I hate you." she said angrily and I flinch at her harshness.

"Wait, I'm sorr-"

"Save it for someone who cares." she cuts me off before strutting away.

Damn! Why do I always say the most stupid things.

I sighed before opening my front door and slamming it behind me. I walk up the stairs to my room and stare out the window at Sarah's retreating figure march into her house furious. I tear my gaze away and walk over to the wall away from the window.

I bang my fist against the hard surface, denting it in the process and then place my forehead on the freshly-wounded wall.

"Jacob," Riley's soft, fragile voice breaks the silence. I turn around to see my little sister on my bed holding her Cinderella toy to her chest.

How could I not realize that she was in the room?

"Yes Riley," I answer walking over to her on plopping down beside her.

"Why are you sad?" she asked, her green, innocent eyes pierce into mine.

"I'm not sad; I just got into a small argument with Sarah." I responded giving her a reassuring smile.

"So I will never see Sarah again." her eyes begin to well up, just on the brink of crying. Riley has grown attached to Sarah in such a short span of time.

"No don't cry, you'll see her again, I promise."

~A/N~

What do you think Jacob is hiding from Sarah?

Anyways, Sorry for the chapter being short and this is the first time I'm writing in a boys point of view so I apologize if I'm not good at writing it.