Chapter nineteen: what's going on?

SARAH'S POV

The stars were beginning to come up and I still wasn't home yet. I have been walking for a half an hour because my car broke down. It was my only transportation from school to home and my brother and my mother were busy. I guess I had no choice but to call dad. My dad was having an office party tonight and I didn't want to bother him because he hasn't gone out in a long time but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Each step I took, the more trees I saw coming into view as I walked down the street. I stopped walking and searched through my backpack to find my phone. When I retrieved it, I opened the dial pad and began to type but before I could put in the last digit, an unknown number called me. Out of curiosity, I answered.

"Hello??"

" Run sarah!!!! " The familiar voice yelled through the speaker. My heart stopped for a second as my brain was processing the command.

"Wha-" before I could finish responding I was pushed out of the way. Tumbling into the woods like a rolling log. It all happened so quickly. I did not understand what was happening until I heard a sound.

'Pow'

My heart sank as I heard the bullet ripple through the air. I felt the anxiety slowly creeping up on me. Someone wanted to kill me!

I carefully got up and wiped up my jeans.My wondering eyes came across a muscular  figure standing in front of me but it was hard to identify the person. The figure took one step closer to me making the leaves crunch under their feet.

"Hel-" my screaming was cut of by a hand enclosing my mouth.

"Shhhh!" The familiar voice whisper-yelled at me. I shifted the hand from my mouth slowly.

As the  person came closer, I stepped back. The moonlight was now piercing through the leaves above us and I finally could see the person. His familiar, electric green eyes met mine.

"What are you doing here?" My palms slowly clenching in a fist as I stared at Alex.

"You could thank me for saving your life." He said before chuckling a little.

"What's going on?" I asked and he physically stiffened.

"Stay here." He commanded me as he completely disregarded my question. As he peeped through the trees, he held unto something in his pocket and hurried back towards me.

"We need to go now. " he said, not even glancing at me. He walked deeper into the woods along a small, faint, dirt path.

"Where are you going?"  I asked but he didn't respond.

Sighing, I followed closely behind him without saying a word. I watched as his muscles flexed unintentionally as he walked.

A part of me was curious to see where we were going but another part of me didn't want to know. I wasn't sure why I was even following him or listening to him, but all I knew was he knew what was going on and I didn't. As I trailed, I realized there were less and lesser trees and I could see a car parked in the distance. As we neared the car, Alex pressed a button on his remote control key. The butterfly doors of his Porsche slowly opened.

Why did almost every boy I know own a high class car?!

He slipped into the driver's seat and started the engine. I stared at him blankly.

"Aren't you going to get in?" He furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head.

" Oh......yeah...I'm coming," I uttered while twisting the ring on my finger.

I got in the car and the door shut. It was silent as Alex started the engine and drove down what looked like an endless road full of twists, turns and narrow lanes. I wasn't sure if Alex knew where I lived but it wasn't going to ask, he looked like he knew what he was doing.

Alex phone rang through the silence. he felt around his pocket for the phone and answered it. The whole ride Alex was on his phone. I felt out of place as he was engaged in a heated conversation with the person .

"It's your fault for getting attached!" He yelled into the phone, his face was now becoming red.

He waited for the person to respond and then he ended the call. A few minutes later we pulled up at my house. How he knew where I lived was a mystery but I didn't ask any questions. I slowly got out of the car and walked towards my house. There were no lights on, no car in the driveway and the sound of crickets magnified as I came closer to the house. I went to unzip my bag to find the house keys  but it was then I realized I left my bag inside his car.

"Alex, my ba-" I stopped when I overheard arguing. I stood in the drive way listening to the bickering.

" Look what you did?! Now he is after her too! " Alex shouted at the person. I couldn't see who he was talking to until the person walked closer to the car. It was Jacob.

Wait Jacob knew Alex?!

"We need to tell her what's happening." Jacob stated with a straight face .

"But she can't know that we are brothers."

"You guys are brothers?!!" I interrupted the conversation . Jacob turned around so fast and stood there dumbfounded as he looked at me. Jacob moved away from the car and came closer to me making me I backed away.

"Sarah!" He shouted but it was too late, I had already ran off. I didn't know where I was going but as long as it was far away from him, I was fine.

~*~*~*~*
I know this chapter isn't all that good or long as it usually is but here you go!! 
-love Brittz

Comment?
Share?
Like?