Chapter fifteen: You play games

SARAH'S POV

Ring.

Just ignore it I mentally told myself.

Ring.

I don't have time for this.

Ring.

Why can't I have a normal life. I groaned, flipping over to the other side of my bed. I outstretched my hand towards the table feeling for my phone.

Ri-

"If you wouldn't mind I'd like to sleep." I snapped not even looking at the caller ID.

"Thank god I got you, I thought you would never answer." Samantha's frantic voice blared through the phone.

I had never heard Samantha so fearful in my life. I mean she's the bad-ass, the chill one. I wouldn't be surprise if it was me but not Samantha. Something is definitely wrong.

"What happened?" I asked her but before she could answer I heard a whimper.

"We were at the arena and Erica saw a guy, who she thought was fairly cute and It ended up being Haylie's boyfriend. Haylie was about to call him but he went the other direction and started to suck the life out of this red head. Who ended up being Amoy. Haylie ran out of the arena. Caleb, Erica and I took her home and I called Adam and he was there within seconds and now she's crying out her eyes." Samantha took a deep breath.

At least that explains why Samantha is freaking out. And why Caleb wasn't home when mom and dad came to serve dinner.

"I'm on my way." I said and ended the call.

I got out of bed and popped a mint in my mouth. I tipped toed out of my room and slowly closed the door behind me. This should be easy, All I have to do is pass my parent's room without them waking up. I slowly walk down the corridor, making sure I make as little noise as possible. But being the unlucky person I am, we both know that's wasn't going to happen. The floor board creaked underneath my feet and I winced at the sound. I waited for a second to see if anyone was awakened.

But there was no sound or movements. I cautiously walked over to my parents room to check if they were still sleeping. I cracked the door so I could look what was going on.

They were sleeping there on the bed peacefully. The only horrifying thing that was the loud snoring my father was making. At least I didn't wake them. I swiftly close the door and then I scream.

I bite down on my lip trying to bare the pain but its too late, I slammed the door on my fingers.

"John did you hear that?" My mom asked nervously.

"Mhmm," my dad groaned.

"John I'm serious get up and go check what it is?" My mom ordered.

"If it's a murderer then you go out there and look."

"What are you trying to imply?" she said and I could imagine her raising her eyebrows.

"They wouldn't hurt anyone as beautiful as you."

"Uh-huh. I can't believe this is the guy I married." I heard footsteps coming closer and my eyes widen in recognition of what was happening.

I need to hide but where? I did what any normal teenager would do.

The door opened and there stood my mother holding a book. What was she going to do beat the knowledge into me?

She rested the book on the floor and stared at me in disbelief.