Chapter 11

Ella pulled out a tray of cupcakes from the oven and put them on the table before the heat started to penetrate the gloves she had on. Kayla, the new girl she had hired the day before, came to pick them up for icing. Kayla was a nice redhead in her early twenties. The problem was, she was new so she was still kind of a mess. Ella stayed in the kitchen more these days to make sure that she didn't make too many mistakes. Also her cousin, Rob, had been looking for a job. Lucky for her, he just happened to be an Accountant, so he had taken over that job. This meant that Ella could spend more time actually baking.

Ella looked back in time to see Kayla about to start putting lemon frosting in the chocolate cupcakes. "No, Kayla. Lemon frosting on the vanilla and lemon cupcakes. The chocolate cupcakes go with vanilla or chocolate frosting."

Kayla nodded eagerly. "I'm sorry, Ella. It won't happen again."

Ella sighed. "It's alright. I'll make you a list."

"Thank you so much. That would be so helpful." The girl said. Ella smiled at her and walked out of the kitchen. She felt bad for Kayla, she really was willing to learn but it wasn't happening all that fast.

She walked to the snack bar to see what was running out and needed to be refilled.

Just then, the door opened. She looked up to see Jon strolling into the shop. He was wearing a red T-shirt and blue jeans. His hair was, as usual, like he had run his fingers through it a few times. She hadn't seen him or heard from him since their date on Friday. It was Tuesday. She smiled as he approached the counter. He smiled back.

"Hello, there. What can I get for you?" Kelly asked with a smile. Jon was not looking at her, he was looking at Ella as he walked straight to her, with the counter separating them.

"Well, you're taking your sweet time about getting in touch." He said in a low voice.

Ella blushed instantly, but she was done caring about it. Jon saw it and his smile widened. "Well, so are you."

He nodded. "It's a nice place you got here." He waved at their surroundings.

"Thank you."

"And you make that apron look good." He said, nodding at her plain white apron.

"Are you deliberately trying to embarrass me?" She asked in a low voice.

"Umm, yeah." He replied with a smirk.

"I have work to do." She said, but before she could turn away, he said in a voice meant for her ears only.

"I would very much like to kiss you right now."

Ella gasped. She looked at Kelly to see if she had heard, but she was just getting coffee from the machine. Ella personally thought that her face looked too serious. Kelly could hear them, and Ella would get an earful immediately he left.

"Jonathan?"

"Yes?"

"Would you like to come back to my office?"

"I thought you would never ask." Jon replied. Ella opened the door separating the dining area from the kitchen and her office. She turned in time to see Kelly smirk at her and make kissy faces, completely ignoring the fact that the customers could see her. She just shook her head at Kelly and went into her office.

"Why, Jon?" Ella asked when they were in her office, safely out of earshot.

"I was beginning to think you didn't want to hang out with me anymore." He shrugged. Ella just raised an eyebrow at him to let him know that she wasn't buying it. "Okay, you caught me. I thought it would be fun." He smiled, walking towards her. "I wanted to see you. I wanted, I still want to kiss you." He stopped in front of her. Once again, Ella forgot how to breathe. How did he always have this effect on her?