Chapter 13

Ella opened the door and climbed into her car. She had just dropped Josh off at her parents' house after much urging from her sister and mother. It was a Saturday so Ella had no problems with it. Plus, Jeremy and Millie were staying over so Josh was excited too.

She picked up her phone to call Jasmine. Something had been bothering her for a while now and she needed to talk to somebody about it.

"Hey girl." Jasmine said when she picked up.

"Hey. I need to talk to you about something." Ella said.

"Yay. My day has been so boring." Jasmine responded. "What is this about?"

"Jon."

"Double Yay. Hit me."

"I don't know if this is as serious as it seems in my head but..." She trailed off.

"What?" Jasmine asked impatiently.

"He doesn't seem to want, you know." She said, chickening out again.

"No. I literally don't know." Jasmine replied.

"He doesn't seem to want more and it's driving me crazy!" She said quickly, the words tumbling over each other.

"When you say more, you mean sex right?" Jasmine said. Ella had been avoiding saying it so she was grateful that Jasmine had.

"Yes."

"Hmm. What makes you think this?" Jasmine asked and Ella could just imagine her face scrunched up in concentration.

"Well. We've been seeing each other for more than three weeks now, but he still keeps his hands respectfully on my waist or at the back of my head when we kiss." She explained.

Ella heard Jasmine laugh. "Jazz!"

Jasmine cleared her throat. "I'm sorry." She said and giggled a little bit. "Do you think you may have done anything to cause this?"

"I don't think so." Ella said, still thinking. Then she remembered something. "Wait, there was this one time. But that was a while ago."

"What happened?"

"Well, we were kissing and I felt his umm, his hardness. Yes, hardness, and I moved away."

"Moved away as in?"

"Jumped backwards." Ella said shamefully.

Jasmine groaned. "God, Ella. When did you become so prude? What happened to you?"

A long ago memory came to her mind but she pushed it away. "I don't know." She groaned.

"I think you know what to do. You just want to hear me say it." Jasmine said and it was the truth. She did know what to do.

"Thanks Jazz." Ella said shortly.

"You're welcome, but I really didn't do anything." Jasmine replied and Ella could hear her munching on something. "By they way, when do I get to meet him?"

"Never." Ella said with a smile.

"Oh, you love me."

"He's coming over on Monday. You can meet him then."

"Okay. I have to go now, babe." Jasmine said and they said their goodbyes.

****

Ella knocked on the door and waited for someone to come and get it.

When the door opened, Ella frowned. A tall man with brown hair and brown eyes was standing there. He looked like Jon, well, not exactly, but and Jon had the same...something. She just couldn't put her finger on it. He was more handsome, but where Jon smiled a lot and was laid back, this man was frowning impatiently at her.