Who's In My Room?

Chapter 6

I turned around slowly. My body moved into attack mode. Food....mine. I let out a warning growl as someone stepped close. I stood right in front of my food, protecting it. No one can touch what is mine. All talking had ceased and in its place was complete silence. My focus was on the person challenging me. Rex I believe his name is. He gave me a warning growl in return.

A crowd had gathered near by. My eyes stayed focused on the threat in front of me. If looks could kill I'd probably be dead right now. Probably. The tension in the air was so thick that it could be cut with a steak knife and served on a platter.

The attack was unexpected but I dodged it just in time. He swung with his right fist. He tried to get my on my left side but I leaped back, putting about five feet between him and I. A mischievous smile formed on my lips. You wanna play, then lets.

We both circled each other. His hands were fists at his side. He threw a few punches but I dodged them with ease. His eyes darkened as he's fueled with anger. My arms that had laid still by my side now tense up as a tingling sensation starts in the tips of my fingers. I sway my hips as I walk towards him while batting my eye lashes. He looked at me in confusion but tries to mask it. I bit my bottom lip seductively as I locked him into place with my eyes. While he's distracted I swiftly cut his shirt with my sharp claws. Before he could register anything I brought my leg up and kicked him up in the air. He landed about six feet away from me.

I wanted to shout "this is for Sparta", but I held myself back so instead I did a little happy dance in my head. I feel like a total badass right now. I have no idea where all that came from but holy shit I just kicked someone's ass!

I looked down to see my claws gone and my nails back to normal. He slowly stood up, his form shaking with rage. Oops. I smiled sheepishly. When he looked down at his shirt I couldn't help but giggle. A small gasp left my lips. My hand flew up to cover my mouth. His face was priceless. He looked at the huge 'V' I carved into his shirt in disbelief. His head snapped up, his eyes were burning with pure rage. If we were a cartoon I'm pretty sure he would not only have steam coming out his ears but also his nose. He looks like a raging bull.

His flesh rippled and his face was shifting into something else. In a blink of an eye a dark brown wolf stood not to far from me. It's mouth was opened in a snarl. Instinct took over. My own mouth turned into a snarl. I could feel my claws extend again. I guess play time isn't over yet. At the same time we both stood forward. Before either of us could charge and rip each others throats out a woman who looked to be in her 40s stepped forward.

"Alright that's enough you two. I've seen enough. This will get y'all no where," her voice held power within it. She had a southern accent. She turned and faced Rex with a stern look," You need to go for a run mister and calm down."

He stared at her and growled softly.

"Don't back talk me," she pointed out to the woods," Go. Now."

He looked at me and then like an obedient child he ran into the woods. Once he was gone she turned to me with her mouth twisted into a gentle smile. Something tells me this woman is a gentle soul but press the wrong button and she'll turn into a bitch from hell in a split second. I nervously shifted on my feet as she neared me.

"You're okay child. No one is going to hurt you. I promise," she spoke softly. Something told me I could trust her."Are you hungry?"

As if wanting to speak for me my stomach released a loud growl. I looked away blushing as she let out a heart warming laugh.

"I'll take that as a yes," she chuckled. "Come and eat. I'm sure you're starving."

She grabbed my hand and pulled me inside a hou- well more like a mansion. It was breathe taking. We walked into a long hallway , past a stunning grand staircase and entered what I believe is the kitchen. A gorgeous plump woman with with wild flaming red hair was moving around like a chicken without its head. She kept mumbling to herself as she went around stirring a wooden spoon in several different pots. She tapped the spoon on the edge of one of them then set it down. Grabbing on to her white apron she opened one of the ovens to the left of the kitchen. My stomach growled even louder with the new heavenly smells entering the air. The woman stopped her rambling and turned towards us. Her eyes were full of caution and distaste when they landed on me but as soon as they landed on the woman beside me they softened. Someone doesn't like me.

She bowed low in respect,"It's good to see you again Ms.Miller."

"Oh stop it Mary, I told you to call me me Grace," Grace said smiling.

Mary smiled and walked over to us.

"Dinner will be done soon. Everything just needs a few more minutes. Hopefully the boys are done with the steaks outside. Tonight we shall have a feast before the big day," she said looking as though she's ready to fight someone. Big day?

I peeked a look at Grace to see her eyes grew sad. She offered a weak smile.

"But enough of that lets get the tables ready," Mary suggested as though sensing the change in the atmosphere.

Me, Grace, Mary, and a few other girls helped set all the tables. It took us about thirty minutes to do it all. As soon as we were done we set up all the food on a long dark wooden table. The longest table I've ever seen. As we sat down to rest Mary went outside with a bell and yelled dinner. The dining room was soon filled with hundreds of people of all ages.

All around me people were talking and having a good time. I felt completely out of place. I clutched the bottom of my shirt as everyone dug into their food. I licked my lips hungrily.

"Excuse me?" A soft voice spoke beside me. I looked over to see the girl from earlier, Elizabeth. I instantly smiled.

"Yes?"

"D-do you- Well w-would you like to eat with me?" She asked looking down at her beat up converse.

"I'd love to," I said cheerfully. She looked up at me with a huge smile on her face. Her eyes twinkled with happiness.

"Come on!" She grabbed my hand enthusiastically and pulled me over to the long table that was still full of food. She disappeared for a moment then reappeared with two plates. She handed me one then began to pile food items on her plate. I didnt know what to get. I hardly ever ate food. I was always limited. Everything smelled divine though. I walked behind her putting random things on my plate. A could feel stares from all around on me. I ignored them as best as possible.

Once we sat down I looked down at my plate. I wasn't even sure where to start. I glanced up to see Lizze digging into her dinner already. She stopped mid bite to see me not eating.

"Are you not hungry?" She asked curious.

"I'm not sure where to start. I've never eaten food before. I was always limited. My mom always wanted to um keep me on a blood diet," I whispered feeling my cheeks heat up from embarassment. Her eyes lit up with recongnition.

"Well you've gotten some yummy food there on your plate."

"What's this yellow stuff?"

"That's Mac&Cheese. Mary makes the best kind. It's amazing!"

"What's this white stuff and tan liquid?"

She giggled and smiled wide at me," That's mashed potatos and gravy. And that big piece of meat is steak. Go on dig in. Your taste buds will have a party!"

I lifted up my spoon and took a big bite out of the yellow stuff known as Mac&Cheese. My eyes closed as my mouth had a party. She's right. This is amazing! I started to taste everything else. I stopped in mid bite when I heard laughing. I looked up to see Lizze staring at me and laughing behind her hand.

"What?" I asked with my mouth full of food. But it came out more like 'whuot'.

"Slow down. There's now rush!" She chuckled."You act as though you havent eaten in ages."

I finished chewing and swallowed before speaking,"Sorry. I've been super hungry ever since I woken up. Plus this stuff is beyond delicious."

"Understandable."

We finished eating in silence but it was a comfortable silence. For desert we had apple pie and vanilla ice cream. I thought my tasted buds had a party earlier, they went wild and took the party to a whole new level. After dinner we helped with dirty dishes. It took us about two hours to finish them all. I decided to explore a bit. I discovered a few pictures of Graces family. There was three family members I hadn't seen. One was her husband and the other her youngest son and daughter. She told me about her husband dying in a war long ago. Then about how the youngest son disappeared long ago and the daughter died soon after his disappearance. I was exhausted as Elizabeth walked me back to the room I was in earlier. Grace came in with a pillow and blanket for the night. We said our goodnights and went to bed.

Sleep started to hug me tight. I snuggled with my pillow. My stomach laid silent and satisfied. I closed my eyes giving in to sleep. But something shifted on my room. There were two sets of breathing patterns. My body became stiff. One was my own and the other was someone else's. Who's in my room?

**AUTHORS NOTE**

How was that? I'm not exactly good at fighting scenes but I hope that was good! I might go back later on and add stuff ;o Hope you enjoyed the chapter, I worked super hard on it.<3 Remember if you liked/loved this chappy vote, comment, share,& follow/fan! (: ciao!

~RoRo~