I Remember It All

Chapter 10

I sat on my bed just staring at my bedroom wall. I had a sister. But I cannot recall any memory of her. Why can't a remember her? A few frustrated tears slipped silently down my face. I had a sister and I was going to be an auntie. So much has happened. Too much has happened. I'm first kidnapped, told I'm going to be chopped up limb by limb, and find out I'm a hybrid. I then get kidnapped again and almost got killed by a blue demon child then taken by my mother, who not only chopped off my ears and tail but confessed I have sister. Who she killed while pregnant. That shows just how sick and crazy my mother is.

I rubbed my pulsing temples as a headache started to form. Maybe I should rest. Yeah I'll do that. I got up and lifted the sheets to my bed and carefully laid on my side. My eyes closed as I let sleep wrap tightly around me like a warm blanket on a winters night.

"Vidia!" Someone yelled pulling me from sleep. My eyes fluttered open as that voice called out to me again. I sat up confused when I realized I wasn't in my room. Where am I? I looked down at myself to see I'm not wearing the clothes I wore to bed but a white nightgown. I raised my arms and inspected them. Why is my body so small? I gasped when it hit me. It can't be. Just as I lifted the sheets off me the bedroom door opened wide. In walked a woman who looked like my mother but younger and softer features. She wore a beautiful green dress. She had a certain glow to her. She looked way better the last time I've seen her."There you are bumble bee! I've been looking all over for you. I see that you've missed me so much you've been sleeping in my room and snuggled in my bed."

"Tammy?"I mumbled without thinking, my voice still coated with sleep. How do I know this woman's name? Wait.... Is this my sister?

"The one and only!" She chuckled. She walked over to me and hugged me tight. When my ear smashed up against her I heard something strange." So how's the best little sister in the world?"

I smiled and swatted her hand away when she ruffled my hair," Fine, just a bit tired. I've missed you so much. I didn't think you'd ever come back."

"Of course I'd come back. Who wouldn't come to see such an adorable young lady? Hope you've been good."

"I have. Scouts honor. Hey Tammy?"

"Yes Vidia?"

"Why does it sound like you have two different heart beats?"

She sat down next to me and stared down at her hands with a sad face. Did I say something wrong? She bit her bottom lip and looked at me as she spoke.

"Well you see V, big sister has a baby in her tummy...." Her voice trailed off as she waited for my reaction. I just stared at her but it soon clicked in my head what she said. A huge smile grew across my face.

"I'm going to be an auntie?!" I asked getting off the bed and jumping up and down. Her face lit up at the sound of my excitement. But it quickly grew sad."What's wrong?"

"You are indeed. What's wrong is I can't stay here in the castle any longer."

"What? Why?" My lower lip quivered as the urge to cry overcame me.

"Mother does not approve of who I am deeply in love with, nor does she accept what's growing inside of me. I only came here for a few things and to say goodbye. I wish I could stay but I can't. I'm sorry."

"N-no you can't go. What about our sisterly adventures? Who will I get to play pranks on the maids with? You can't go. P-please don't go." My shoulders shook as sobs of sorrow left my mouth. My vision became blur as tears welled up and spilled.

"Everything will be fine. I can't stay. I have to keep my child safe but I can't do that here. Vidia, I love you to the stars and beyond, don't ever forget that. I am not only blessed but lucky to have such a wonderful little sister," she said wiping away my tears."Always remember I'll be with in here," she placed her hand over my heart and continued talking."Once the baby is born I'll have you come visit. I'll even make you a picture album and you can help me make a scrapbook. I know how much you love doing scrapbooks. Sound like a good plan?"