Why Did You Do It?

Chapter 7

"L-Lestat?" I whispered. I got no response. I tried again a little louder,"Lestat?"

"So sorry princess," a voice I didn't recognize spoke just as something pricked me in the neck. What the hell? My thoughts suddenly became jumbled. I tried speaking but my mouth felt all funny. My body was lifted off my bed and pressed against a warm body. In the distance I could hear a slow heart beat. I knew instantly who had me. A vampire.

I was suddenly hit with a gust of wind and greeted by the nights air. There was talking going on but I couldn't hear what was being said. All I could hear was the rapid beating of my heart. Darkness crept into my vision.

*

*

*

A long piercing scream made my eyes flutter open. I slowly lifted my heavy head. I looked around groggily. What's going on? My vision wavered then became crystal clear. My eyes landed on a little girl not too far from me. She seemed to be about the age of six. Her body was hunched over something. My eyes diverted away from her and over to a vampire who was struck with fear. His form shook as though someone had just poured ice water all over him. His wide frightened eyes stayed glued on the little girl. Suddenly the sound of a twig snapping filled the air. The girls head snapped over to the fear stricken vampire. Her head tilted to the side and then her mouth opened the widest I've ever seen revealing long sharp yellow teeth covered in blood. Her grayish bluish skin looked unnatural. A scream pierced the air, the same one I heard not too long ago. The man froze as she got up from whatever she was doing. I blinked only once and she was in front of him.

She looked up at him with curiosity and hunger swirling around her pitch black eyes. The man fell to his knees clutching his throat. Blood started to squirt out from between and over his fingers. What just happened? I didn't even see her move. Her mouth twisted into a sick, evil smile. It seemed like her actions are only going to be malicious.

Her mouth opened wide as the man began to plea for his life.

"P-please, I'll do anything. S-stop! I beg of you!" He screamed his plea. Blood started to bubble up and out his mouth. She just stared at him then lifted her pointer finger and shook it side to side as she tsked tsked him. Her arm shot out cutting the air horizontally. I jumped as his head landed at my feet. I made a mistake by letting a whimper slip from my chapped lips. She slowly turned to me as she licked the fresh blood from her fingers. Our gazes locked. A sinful smile start stretch across her young face. It looked wrong on her face. I knew immediately that I was going to die right then and there. I hadn't even got to live life to the fullest. My eyes filled with tears and raced down my cheeks. The little girl suddenly stood in front of me, licking her lips hungrily.

Suddenly a loud bang filled the silence and had my ears ringing. The girls eyes grew wide then rolled to the back of her head. Her small body dropped dead to the floor. I looked up to see Lestat holding up a gun. His chest moved up and down with each labored breathe. His arm fell to his side as he walked over to me. His face masked with worry.

"A-are you okay?" He asked with a shaky voice. Before I could answer a heart wrenching scream pierced our sensitive ears. His eyes grew wide. " We need to go. Like now!"

He quickly picked me up and started walking fast. I wasn't sure where we were headed but I hoped it was somewhere safe. Out of no where I begun to feel strange. I felt as though i couldn't get enough air into my lungs. My eyes began to feel heavy. No! I must stay awake. But it seemed like my body disagreed.

*

*

I turned to my side and hugged my pillow tightly. Wait.... Pillow? I shot up and frantically looked around. I was back in my room. But where's Lestat? I swung my legs off my bed and was about to push myself off the bed when my door opened. I was expecting Lestat but it was Grace. Her eyes were red and puffy. She looked as though she was crying for hours. My stomach dropped. Something's terribly wrong.

"I-is there something wrong with Lestat," I asked, my voice quivering. I was not prepared for her response.

"No.... He is fine. I-it's.....," she broke down crying. I rushed to her side and hugged her. I rubbed her back in soothing circles. " My poor grand baby. She was just trying to save you."

My breathing became erratic. Please don't be who I think she's talking about. I forced myself to ask.

"W-who's your grand baby?"

"Elizabeth!" She cried out. I could of sworn my heart stopped. No, god please no.

"Where is she? Please take me to her."

She composed herself as best as possible. She grabbed my hand and pulled me out the room. I paid no mind of where we went. My mind was racing too fast for me to comprehend anything. Grace stopped us in front of a door that had infirmary written on it.

"Prepare yourself," she whispered. Reaching up she grasped the brass handle and slowly turned it to the right. The door creaked loudly as she opened it. A gasp was caught in my throat. Tears spilled freely. I was by Lizze's bedside in a flash. Her hair was soaked in sweat. Her skin was way past pale. Her cheeks were sunken in. It looked ask though someone slapped skin in a skeleton.

"W-why did you do it?" I whispered before I fell to my knees and broke down crying.

**AUTHORS NOTE**

*grabs another tissue*

Well that was a depressing chapter ._. Why did this happen to Lizze? WHY?! *breaks down crying* she's so young!

I hope she'll be okay :/ if you feel terrible about Lizze show her you care and vote, comment, share, & fan/follow.<3 Ciao!

*starts crying again*

~RoRo~