Chapter 2

AMBER'S POV

As I admiringly take in my surroundings, I also try to look around for my mum's car. After the long flight my friends and I are simply exhausted. Maddie looks like she's about to puke. She's always claiming to have 'air sickness' whenever we travel. Her words not mine.

Everywhere simply looks the same, very elegant and peaceful. The sun is out and it's really hot. The birds are chirping away and you can even hear the sirens of ambulances and police cars; my normal daily noise when I was living here.

The air smells wonderful like always. Just imagine the wonderful aroma of freshly baked banana bread and bacon with a side of delicious home made omlettes. That's so good. The place has not changed one bit. Everything practically looks the same except the fact that there are a few buildings which look newly built.

Once again everyone seems to be having a sense of direction except us and particularly me. I can hear Stacey whining about something and its definately disturbing my ears. On the other hand, Maddie has been checking out every french guy and rating them on a scale of hot to freaking hot. I wonder how long it'll take before I loose it and go completely crazy.

"What's taking her so long?" I whisper to myself with traces of annoyance in my voice. The next thing I knew I heard a familiar voice, "Maddie, est-ce vous?". As I turned around I immediately gasped and took in the image of my mother.

She looked so much slimmer and prettier than before. That's something I didn't even know was possible. Time had not aged her at all. Someone could even mistake her for my older sister! She hugged me so tightly with a smile so warm and I couldn't help but do the same. Even my friends joined us.

As if she knew how much I hated airplane food, she handed me the chicken sandwich that i've always loved. This is definately a good way to start my vacation.

I still could not believe I was back. My mum was so excited she could not help but give me an insight to all the gists and gossip thats flowing round Paris. The one that caught my ears was that of my childhood bestfriend.
Apparently it's the reigning news amongst people who knew us.

Hadwin and I were always inseperable. He was the hot guy in school that had the thick brown hair that every girl wanted, the perfectly sculpted body and abs, the light blue eyes that were so mesmerizing and an amazing heart to back it up. I was more of the background cheerleader nobody really noticed. I couldn't even help but to fall in love with him by the time I was 14 and by 15 I was drunkenly in love.

The story of what happened between us still kills me till now. I stupidly confessed my feelings to him and that was the beginning of the biggest mistake of my life. Not only did he not give a suitable response to if he feels the same way, he also said he only sees me as his little sister. Ouch! I can tell you that it stung for life.

He kept blabbing about how it would never work out for reasons I didn't think mattered. That day I cried all night on my mums lap, and like the sweet mother that she was, she consoled me. I ate a large bowl of chocolate oreos ice cream and didn't leave my room for days. I lost interest in all aspects of my life for weeks and almost got depressed.

I thought that was even the worst thing that could happen to me, but I stand corrected. One day when I went over to his house for our usual friday movie night we ended up kissing. It was very heated and to me it lasted for a lifetime. That was my first kiss and it was like I fell in love again and I was ready to forgive him for everything he had done to me. It felt so right when it happened and I still haven't forgotten it.

Well being the idiot he was, he suddenly stopped and told me how it was a big mistake. No you're the mistske. He kept asking himself how he could have let that happen. He ended the movie night and drove me home. I can tell you that it was the last time I ever talked to him. I cried my whole heart out and even formed an ocean of tears.

We simply seperated and I could not even look him in the eyes. I felt so humilated. To make it worse he didn't even make an effort to talk to me. Was I that repulsive to him? After everything that happened I never fell in love again, atleast not like what I felt for him. Love is definately overrated and isn't meant for everyone. Atleast that's what I believed.

Going back to what my mum told me, I am totally speechless. Apparently he is now a multi-millionaire who has been looking for me as of recent and even went to my mum begging for my number. Ofcourse, she did not give it to him. After all he did to me, my mum simply despises even hearing his name.

She narrated all the insults she gave him and told me of how she practically threw him out of her house. I just love my mum so much after hearing what she did. I plan to avoid him like a plague at all costs but he wouldn't be the ruin of my vacation. Nothing would.

As various reasons to why he was looking for me clouded my head, I felt the sudden stop of the car and that was when I looked at the house infront of me. To say I was in shock was a complete understatement.

"You didn't tell me you guys moved!"

"I wanted it to be a suprise. Me and your dad have been saving up for this house for years. We moved about 2 weeks ago. So suprise!"

Wow! What I saw infront of me was not an ordinary suprise. Now to think about it, it looks like we are in the 'à la creme' part of Paris. We were always okay in terms of money and standard of living but the mansion in front of me showcases that we are practically billionaires.

Dad's business must be going really really well. No wonder he was never at home. I hope i've become some rich heiress. Not just because of the money and fame that comes with it but what they both can do for others. Maddie's mouth is still hung open and Stacy is so amazed and on the rush to get inside.

Just as I was carrying my luggage waiting for my mum to open the door, thats when I saw............

A/N
Hiya!
So that's a picture of Stacey everyone. More pictures of characters will be uploaded.

Who's the person that Amber saw? Is he/she good news or bad?

Hope everyone doesn't hate Hadwin. More characters will be revealed soon.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Sprite and orange grass☆