Chapter 3

MADDIE'S POV

Huba huba huba. When I saw the house, I wouldn't lie, I could not believe it. It was not until I turned right and that was when my mouth flung open. The two hot guys that were coming out of the next house were not ordinary men. They must have some connections with some greek god cause that was how they looked.

They both had completely ripped off muscles. The tops that they were wearing clung to their body perfectly. I can't even choose but the one that outrightly caught my attention was the one with black hair.

He looked like the kind of rebel your mum warned you about. He's the kind of guy you find smashing people's cars and not giving a damn about it. His dark brown eyes looked so deep, like they held alot of stories. Stories I gotta find out. From now on he's my holiday plan.

I can even see Amber with the corner of my eyes. She's just standing there staring at these guys. It looks like I may have to push her to get her out of that trance. She usually doesn't give guys a second look. Mostly cause she never really got over what happened to her in high school.

They must have noticed us staring and it made my black haired guy to smirk. Now i'm guessing he's hot and he knows it. In short I hope he's not some arrogant idiot that's just rich.

Mrs Rena had to practically carry us into the house. Poor Stacey. Too bad she already has a boyfriend back in LA. She didn't even give the guys a glance and I can tell you, that's the max of self control. But to be honest, her and Andrew are my couple goals.

They have been together since day one of college. He treats her with so much respect and adoration. There is nothing he would not do to please her. I don't know if guys like him even exist anymore. Him being fine is just an extra blessing.

Well, the inside of the house is just as pretty as the outside. The marble floors probably cost a million bucks on their own and the interior is quiet neat and expensive too.

She showed us a few places. When you enter the house, the first room you see is the waiting room. I thought it was a nice idea. It's mostly for strangers who you wouldn't want to take to your sitting room. It was neatly done with a couple of black leather chairs and tv.

It then lead to a corridor. The wall of the corridor had nice pictures of Amber and the family. She must love flowers and plants because every corner seemed to have it.

The study room was also downstairs. It was practically like a library. It had alot of books which mostly consisted of cook books and a few novels.

The kitchen was my favourite part of the house cause it was the largest and most likely the best room that was designed. It had three oven and two large gas cookers. The worktop was made of some really nice marble and the sinks were so nice and shiny.

Overall, the whole kitchen looked so colourful. The wall was paintedin colours of peach and orange. There were lots of decorations on the wall and everything was done to perfection. That wasn't a suprise knowing this would be Mrs Rena's favourite room.

I was happy when she showed us our gigantic sized rooms and told us to check out our royal bathrooms. There was enough space for all three of us to stay, not that I wanted to share. All our rooms were close by, only a wall seperating the bedrooms. That's good incase I want to sneak up to Stacey's room and scare the heck out of her. We were going to get a tour of the gardens and the outdoor after dinner.

As I unpack, I can smell the lovely aroma of roasted peppered chicken and curry sauce. Dessert hopefully would be one of her famous cakes. She's a really good baker and owns about 7 bakeries in France and 20 internationally. She hasn't expanded to America yet but I think that's her next project.

Thank God I didn't pack much. I have to say to myself with a slight smile. The wardrobe was just enough to fit all of my clothes and that rarely ever happens. I was just about to untie my towel and enter my very own jacuzzi bathtub, when Amber decided to bust in.

"Jeez! Can't you knock!"

"Oh my! I'm so so sorry but let's face it, what haven't I seen"

"You're not serious. So much for privacy and you kn....."

And that's when she cut me off and started talking about those guys. For someone that was gawking at them a few hours ago, she sounded like she was not even intrested and there was a slight hint of disgust in her voice. She judges way too quickly.

She mentioned that they are both chefs. They recently patnered up with her mum who is now in charge of all the deserts in their famous 5 star restaurant. And apparently it's just a lucky coincidence that they ended up being our neighbours.

"Mum said linner is in 29 minutes so we should be fast."

"That's if you let me."

Sticking out her tongue she left. I love my bestfriend and all but who on earth actually says the word linner! I like my meals grouped into proper times and not a combination and its a bit weird.

I can't believe time runs so fast. It's already 4:30pm and it feels like we arrived 2 minutes ago. I had planned to go out a bit today, atleast to check the place out but with everything that's happening, I don't think I have enough time.

Mrs Rena apparently had other plans for us. She had given us a few hints earlier, that tomorrow she was taking us out. I was excited, it going to be my second day and all. I thought we were going for a tour round the neighbourhood. She then chuckled and admitted we were going to be very charitable tomorrow by helping her give out some clothes and food. To where or whom?

The actual bombshell was that we were going to a street full of drug addicts and homeless people. I have no beef against them neither do I look down at them but it's sort of scary.

She mentioned that it's okay and that they are completely harmless. She had to add that part after seeing our heavy reactions but deep down I didn't believe her. She even said she takes that oppurtunity to teach them about Christainity. Apparently they actually like her and some have even changed their ways.

That's just the way Mrs Rena is. She's forever so thoughtful and uses what she has to change the world without any recognition. I see her as my second mother especially when she helped dig me out of the painful hole I was in a few years back.

No one knows what happened to me, not even my two closest friends. I had the oppurtunity of disclosing it to her only and she put me through it and promised not to tell anyone. I loved her so much just for that.

To make us feel much lighter about the situation, she threw in that, those hot guys we saw today would be there. And yes, she used the word hot on them. I'm happy someone else agrees with me.

Dinner was amazing and after the talk about our outing tomorrow, we had little light chats about everything and anything. We discussed about our jobs, any signs of promotions, exes and a few other topics.

Stacey even took the oppurtunity of boring us with her lovey dovey talk about Andrew. Even Mrs Rena took the oppurtunity to leave, making up some lie about writing business letters. I can clearly hear her laughing at whatever show she's watching.

Maddie left looking exhausted and so did I. Stacey probably stayed up the latest watching some romatic comedy. Oh well, looks like tomorrow is going to be a big day.

A/N
Hiii
That's a picture of Maddie incase you're wondering.

Hope you liked the mysterious guys.

Vote and comment! Don't forget to tell others about the book. Comment to tell me about any criticism or if you like it so far.

Suprise and red oranges☆