Five: Family Arrives

LUCY

"Morning, baby girl," I hear someone say, their fingers massaging my scalp lovingly.

Slowly waking up, I open my eyes to see Luke half sat up, lying next to me.

"Huh? What about the plane?" I groggily nestle into my big bro, resting my head on his shoulder. I remember stepping onto the plane yesterday and flying home.

"You slept right, through," he strokes my hair back from my face. "You must have been really tired."

I nod, yawning.

"You hungry?" 

"Not yet," I'm never really hungry for breakfast. I yawn again and wish I could stay in his warm, comfy bed forever.

"Come on, let's head downstairs, you can't stay in bed all day," he chuckles before I feel the bed dip and he effortlessly picks me up, downstairs into the living room.

"Hey there, sleepy head," Tom looks up as Luke puts me down on the couch next to him.

"Morning," I yawn and Darcy replies.

"Bacon and eggs for brunch?" Luke stretches out his arms.

"Ooh, yes please!" Darcy grins.

"Yeah, that would be great," Harry yawns, the jet lag has hit everyone.

The phone rings as Luke goes and Leo sighs before getting up and going into the hall to answer the call.

-/-

LEO

"Hello, Leo Walker speaking."

"Hi, goodness, it's Aunty Rose."

"Good morning, Rose, how are you?" I smile.

"I'm all good, how are you?"

"Yes not too bad, just got back from Spain, thanks," I scratch the back of my neck.

"Oh, how fabulous! I'm sure you all had a marvellous time," she replies.

"It was much needed," I agree.

"I know this is short notice to ring you, but we're family. It's just that we are in town visiting friends and there are delays for our flights back, so would we be able to stay for one night at your place?"

Oh god.

"Sure yes, would be nice to see you..."

"Thank you so much! Rob and your cousins can't wait to see you all. See you at seven tonight! Bye!" She hangs up.

I sigh, well, that was a whirlwind.

Aunt Rose is a lovely lady, just mad and frantic, always doing a million things at once at speeds no one else can keep up with. Her husband and our Uncle, Rob, is nice as well, but smokes which is a disgusting habit, and annoys us a lot whenever we're in his company.

Our cousins, their kids, are irritating. Ruby, who is fifteen, the oldest, is rude. And there is Derek who is twelve, he can be very annoying and there is Jack who is eleven, who seems to be following his obnoxious older siblings' examples.

"Luke, just had a call," I say, walking into the kitchen where he's frying bacon and eggs as promised. Damn, it smells so good.

"Yeah?" He turns around.

"Aunty Rose called and asked her and her family to stay here for one night. They're in town visiting friends and their flights are delayed so they need somewhere to stay for a night."