Twelve: Changes

Lucy's POV

"Lu! Your gonna be late for school!" Luke exclaims, coming into my room, as I'm packing my school bag.
"I'm coming, I'm coming," I reply, frantically rooting around on my desk to find my pencil case and calculator.
"You should have packed your bag last night!"
"I fell asleep on Harry! I was tired! Sorry," I groan.
"C'mon, let's go!" Luke says.
"Found it!" I laugh and run out of my bedroom with my bag.

Luke drives us to school, "Lucy, any trouble at all with bullies, call me immediately," Luke says as me and Darce get out of the car.
"Ok, love you, see you later," I reply.
"Bye Lukey," Darcy says.

We walk into school, to our first lesson.

"Ah, Lucy, please report to the principals office," the teacher says as we walk into cooking.
"Of course," I say bye to Darcy and walk out, towards the office.

I haven't done anything wrong - have I?

I knock timidly on the door.

"Come in," Mrs Peters, our principal says.

I open the door, "you wanted to see me Mrs Peters, I'm Lucy Walker." I shyly say.
"Ah, yes, I wanted to talk to you, nothing to worry about. But something that could have a major impact on you. Please take a seat," she says.
"Ok," I'm starting to get apprehensive!

"Now, when your brothers, Luke and Leo Walker came in on Monday to sort out the bully, which I have dealt with, they gave me the homework you were doing. This was eighth grade homework. How did you find this level of work? Please answer truthfully, I am very curious," she looks at me.
On the edge of my seat, I reply, "although it took me quite a while to complete each homework, I didn't find it that hard to be honest.."
"Wow. How did you find the homework compared to your normal sixth grade homework?"
"Well, I do find sixth grade fairly easy, and I can do it quickly. Eighth grade was challenging but doable. How did I do on my homework?" I reply.
"Well, you got hundred percent on most of your homeworks, which I find outstanding. Your ten, and your completing what would normally be twelve to thirteen year olds homework to a very high standard." She smiles at me.
"Oh," I smile and look down.
"So, the reason why I asked you to come to my office, was because, I have a question. How would you feel if you got moved up to either seventh grade or eighth grade?"

Wow, I'm totally shocked! Oh my god!

"Er," I stutter, I'm kinda excited of the prospect, but it's a lot to think about.
"You don't have to make a decision now, it's just an option for you. Your a very able student Walker, and I want to see your full potential. And if your worried about the eighth grade bullies, they are in lower sets, so you wouldn't be mixing with them. I know it's a lot for you to think about, and of course your twin, she would stay in sixth grade."
"Ok, I'll think about it, thank you," I reply, I'm stunned!
"Ok, let me know on Monday, you have the weekend to make your decision, and discuss it with your family. You may go," she smiles and dismisses me.

I walk back through the empty corridors, I'm so surprised, stunned and nervous! This is a great opportunity. But...scary!

The rest of the day goes quickly, when Darcy questioned me on what the head said, I just said I will tell her later.

The bell goes, signalling the end of the school day.

Me and Darce walk out of school, looking for either Luke's or Leo's car. "Looking forward to the weekend and your hockey match tomorrow?" I ask Darcy.
"Definitely! I can't wait, I'm a little nervous though for the match!" Darcy chirps.
"Aw, you will be fine! I can't wait to relax," I reply.

"Hey girlies!" Leo says behind the wheel.
"Hi," we say as we climb into the back.
"Good day?" Leo asks as we hit the road.
"Yep," Darcy says, "Lucy had to see the principal!"
"You did Lu?" Leo looks at me curiously.
"Yeah, I need to tell you guys something later, at dinner." I nervously tell them.
"Alright," Leo smiles, "it's not bad though?"
"No, course not!" I state.

Big Bros & Tiny Twins ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें