Sixteen: Winter Hols

Tom's POV

"See ya mate!" I say goodbye to my friends as I walk out of the school gates.

It's the last day of school! We have two weeks off for Christmas - I can't wait! Yes, I'm seventeen, but I'm still looking forward to Christmas.

However, it's our first Christmas without mum or dad - so that will be difficult.

Currently, I'm walking to the middle school, (which is not far from high school) to pick up Darcy and Lucy. Luke and Leo had to go to a load of conferences and meetings today at our mum and dad's business. Harry went over to a mates house after school.

It takes me ten minutes to get there, I soon spot Darcy and Lucy waiting outside the gates.

As I walk up to the gates, in tight jeans, a ti shirt, and a Jack Wills jumper; all eyes look my way, middle school girls literally push their chests out. I'm used to it...What? I'm hot! And very good looking!

"Hey, you alright girls?" I walk up to my sisters, and ignore all the stares.
"Hey," Lucy says and Darcy smiles at me.
"Let's go," I grin.
"I can't wait for Christmas!" Darcy says as we walk together.
"Me too, but it will be hard though," Lucy frowns and looks down, I give her hand a squeeze.
"Yeah," Darcy sighs.

I decide to change the subject - I can't have my lil' girls sad!

"How about we go grab a drink at Starbucks, on the way home? Luke won't know," I say, (Luke tries to keep their sugary intake to a minimum) slinging an arm over each of them.
"Ooh ok!" Darcy smiles.
"Sure," Lucy giggles.
"That's better," I say.

We take a detour into town and go into Starbucks.

"What do you two want?" I ask as I pull out my wallet.
"Hot chocolate please," Lucy says.
"Mocha please," Darcy adds.
"Sure," I reply.

"Hi, can I have one small hot chocolate, one small mocha and a medium mocha please?" I ask the server as we get to the front of the queue.
"Lovely, anything else?" She asks, flattering her eyelids at me.
"No that will be it," I say and pass her the money.
"Takeaway or eat in?" She questions.
"Takeaway please," I reply.

We get our drinks and walk home.

"So, what do you want to do tonight?" I ask.
"Movie?" Lucy says.
"Sure," Darcy replies.

My phone buzzes and I get a text from Luke:

'Tom - did you get the twins alright? We won't be back until ten ish, we have got two more meetings to attend. Make sure twins are in bed by nine, and make sandwiches for tea - I don't trust you with an oven!
Luke'

"I just got a text from Luke, and he said that they won't be back until ten."
"Oh," Lucy frowns slightly.
"But we can still have fun, yeah?" I say and wrap my arm around Lucy.
"Defo," Darcy says.

As we all go inside and chill, I text Luke back:

'Luke - yep, we are all chilling at home, don't worry, I will make sandwiches and the twins will be in bed by nine! Stop worrying!
Tom'

Luke always worries too much! Or maybe it's because he thinks I'm irresponsible! I can be irresponsible with girls and school, but never my with little sisters! I'm like, the opposite - I'm very overprotective!

Three hours later

We've just had tea, (it's half six) I made salad and ham sandwiches with crisps and carrot sticks - hey don't laugh, I'm not the best cook!

Darcy and Lucy are in the living room picking a movie, while I stack the plates in the dishwasher - Luke would not be pleased to find a messy kitchen when he comes back!