Chapter 18 Part 1

Above: the town of Wantagh, New York. Top left is the map of where Wantagh is. Bottom left is the sign of the train station, LIRR. Bottom right is the panoramic view of Wantagh. In the center is where the performance takes place, Nikon at Jones Beach Theater. Top Right is the sign that welcomes people to Wantagh. Enjoy.

Wantagh, New York 

Riding in a Mercedes van Yams rented, I'm on my way to Wantagh to make a special appearance at Drake's show. This is the second to last show before the tour wraps up so we both decided I needed to go out with a bang when it's my time on stage. 

The show doesn't start until 7:30 and right now it's 2:30. It's the usual, I have to be at the Nikon Theater hours before the show starts so we can go over everything from lights and tech to spacing. 

I left A$AP Worldwide at 2:00 because the drive is nearly an hour. The show would have to be a little bit of ways from NYC, but as long as I get to see Drake then it's worth it. 

Thinking about Drake makes me think back to that phone conversation we had. It's been almost a month since that conversation on the phone that night happened. Even though it ended on a slightly bad note, I had a great time talking to him after being off tour for a month. The news of Iggy and I talking at the party did break out and of course rumors started to swirl about the two of us dating. I haven't addressed the rumors and I'm not going to. Iggy pretty much already confirmed everything when a video got out of TMZ following her asking questions about us two. 

I gotta thank Iggy for what she did. Whether it was for the both of us or just for her, it cleared both of our names of that big ass lie. But yet at the same time I hate TMZ and the stupid ass paparazzi following celebrities around everywhere. Well who doesn't hate them? But shit we have to deal with it because it's what we signed up for. 

Back to the tour, the closer the Wantagh date got, the more information Drake gave me. Kendrick is supposed to make a special appearance too, which is fine by me because I have the song I need him to get on. And Drake too. And maybe one more person, but I haven't decided yet.

Being back on his tour again, even if it's for only one night, I'm really excited about it. The cheering me on giving me that rush that makes me perform well, it'll be great to see Kendrick again, and meet the others who are an opening act on his tour like Nicki, French Montana, Chief Keef, 2 Chainz, and the rest. And most of all, I get to see the one and only Drake. 

~~~

I arrive at the Jones Beach Theater twenty minutes later. When I get out the van I see the stage crew setting up the venue and cleaning up the stage in time for the show. Being from New York I have never been to Wantagh, shit I never even heard of this place. It's not a city, but more of a small town. And being that it's close to the water, half the stage is set on water. Wow, I gotta admit this place is not that bad to hold a concert at.

Still standing in the same place, I see Jordan walk up to me. 

"Hey A$AP, wassup?" he asks as he gives me a bro hug with me returning the favor. 

"Nothing much, man. I'm just glad to be back for the night."

"Good, good. Okay based on the way the place is set up, the dressing rooms and everyone else is under the stage so just follow me and we'll get you set up."

"Cool," I simply say and we start walking.

There is an actual back stage but it's very small. It's just an elevator on the left side and stairs on the right, but we take the elevator instead. Once we get underneath the stage, looking around the place is not that huge, but it's a good enough size to fit everyone down here.