Chapter 32

Above: My face when a teacher gives homework over a break.

Quick note: I remember asking everyone what size booty does Rocky have, I'll just give him a nice-sized booty in this story. Okay enjoy! 😘

"So, Rocky, I know you had plans on releasing the album tonight," says Yams.

"Yeah, I wanted to release it with you there, with all of us together, but now that you're in here I done know, man."

"Rocky," he says putting his hand on my shoulder. "Go ahead and release the damn album."

I can't believe he's saying this. He really wants me to release this album without him being at the studio physically?

"Yams, are you sure about this?"

"Yes, I'm sure. I'll download it on iTunes the first chance I get," he laughs. "But yeah I'm sure. Of course I would love to be there when you drop it, but who knows how much longer I'll be in the hospital. Shit, it's almost like they're trying to make me live here."

I laugh. "It does feel like that huh?"

"Yeah, but Rocky, go ahead and release that album. There's no need to wait on me. You do you and release that album and when I get out of here, we're gonna have ourselves and good ass time."

"Having a good ass time is what landed you in here."

"Shut up, you know what I mean. But I'm telling you to go ahead and do it."

"Thanks, Yams."

"No problem."

~~~

Currently, it's 11:45 at night and I plan on dropping this album in fifteen minutes. All of the Mob is here and we also brought some chicks over too. It's not a major party, but more of a get together because soon as this album drop I'm out of here.

"Yo Rocky, this album is fire. I know it's going to do good," says Nast as he takes a sip of his drink.

"Agreed," says Ty. "As you know I did help with the beats and all."

I chuckle. "Shut the fuck up y'all. But thanks."

"Too bad Yams couldn't be here," Illz mentions. His comment makes me think back to earlier today. I cannot give the guys any kind of hints that I went to go visit him alone.

"Yeah, it's sad, but I'm sure he would want me to release this album at the time I want, which is tonight."

"The deadline wasn't until the end of this month right?" Bari asks.

"Right, but I just wanted to go ahead and release the album earlier so that way I won't have conflict."

"True," Bari says and goes back to talking to the girl he was chatting with.

I'm still sitting on the couch drinking my moscato while on my phone. As much as I love everyone here, I kinda wish Drake was here right now so I could have someone to talk to. We may not be able to act like a couple and shit, but it would be nice to feel his presence.

Putting down my glass, I'm about to get off my phone until I see a call come in. And it's the man himself.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, babe."

I can feel myself heating up, but I hope no one else notices.

"Hey," I simply say.

"So how's the release party?"

"Hold on, let me go somewhere more quiet." I get up from the couch about to head to the front of the building until Lou stops me.