Chapter 5

Everyone rose as his words and bowed.

"May our plates be full and lives prosperous!" Robin chimed out.

"Forever and ever!" Everyone praised. It was custom that we give thanks to each other and wish each other long lives. Everyone then took back to their seats.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see the third core leader and her family. Iris Bancroft. This woman was the definition of cold. Her blue icy eyes matched her pale blond hair and pale skin. She wore a pan suit which was much more formal than anyone else here. She had a stone cold expression.

I guess one could say a reason why she is like this is since her husband died. He died just after she gave birth to her son. It was said he went off hunting in day and... Well... His body was found at the bottom of a cliff...

Iris bore one child. And her son could not be any more different.

Her son, Dakota Bancroft, had pale fairly long blond hair, which was in a bun, and he had blue eyes. He was 18 very soon turning 19. Dakota was about 6 feet tall. He was buff which was completely opposite of his mother and wore jeans and a dark green tight t shirt. I think it is dumb that he wears tight cloths mainly because he could wear a paper bag and still women would love him. He was a very warm guy and seem to love jokes, but his only sociable factor is that he is a huge flirt. All the girls fall for him because of his mother or because of his charming looks. I hate the guy. Although I don't tell my mother that or else I would get a slap across the face.

I was probably staring because my mother lightly tapped my shoulder.

"Lane." My mom muttered.

"Oh sorry..." I murmured.

I quickly looked down to my meal. Meat. It's always meat. Not that I don't like meat! It's just that it's always what we have. I looked at the sides and saw some blueberry a mixed with chocolate strawberries. Along with some mashed potatoes and gravy on a dish to my left. I started off with the pork. It was cooked to perfection again. Then the potatoes and then the berries. I ate it all and was completely full. I felt bad knowing that someone managed to get a pig while I couldn't even get a rabbit. I looked to my right and saw my mom eating beef and then my sister eating shiscabobs.

About 30 minutes in people started to get up and bow. It was a custom that when you were done you would get up and bow to your table. I normally now off with my mother and sister since my father likes to talk but I wasn't really in the mood for waiting.

I took my leave and bowed.

"See you at home Lane." My mother called to me as I left the dinning table and started to head home. I went for about a block, but I heard footsteps behind me.

"How ya doing princess?"

It was Dakota.