Brainstorming

Edit June 2017: I wrote this guide all the way back in 2013. It's important to note that Wattpad may have changed some things mentioned in this guide. I will try my best to update all the relevant information and may add new chapters in the future.

Because this is my second account I'm not very active but I've decided not to take this guide down as I've had comments as new as Feb 2017.

I don't typically respond to comments on this account. So if you are reading this, please don't ask me a question expecting an answer as you may be waiting a while. With that said if there's anything specific you'd like me to cover for future chapters please PM me as I do check my inbox occasionally.

 Happy Reading!

It's time to roll up your sleeves and get to work.

First things first make sure you have plenty of paper or your laptop's fully charged and get comfortable. Got that? Now you're ready to start brainstorming.

There are four main categories to consider when brainstorming.

1. Characters

2. Plot

3. Theme

4. Setting

When you are considering these things I sometimes like to look up random people or places on the internet for inspiration. It helps to have visual inspiration when brainstorming your ideas.

Note: For points 2,3,4 you don't have to have just one idea. Write down a few and maybe then you can combine them.

Once you've done that you're ready to stat putting pen to paper or fingers to keyboard!