Writers Block Anyone?

 One of the most annoying things about being a writer is the dreaded writers block! It can strike at any time and last for just as long. But here are a few tips that I use to try and overcome my writers block.

1. WRITE. WRITE. WRITE.

Now you may be thinking, but doesn't writers block stop you from writing? Well yes but if you keep writing despite your writers block then you may just overcome it. You can write about anything. It can be totally random. Sometimes when I'm stuck for ideas on a new chapter of my story I take a step back and write a short story that has absolutely nothing to do with my original story. But this does help me get my creative juices flowing. So remember if you want to overcome your writers block you have to keep writing!!

2. Start From Another Part In Your Story

If my first point didn't help you and you're still stuck trying to write your next chapter, then why not forget the chapter you're stuck on and start writing from another part in your story. Like maybe you have the perfect ending for your story in mind then write about that, or you might have the perfect scene for a conflict in your head, write about that. Once you're done writing about that then go back and try again to write the chapter you started with.

3. Take A Break

I know I said in my first point that you should keep writing but if all else fails, then maybe it's time for you to take a step back. Take a day or two that's free of writing. Listen to some music, watch your favourite movie I don't know. After you've taken some time then you can come back to your writing with a clear head and hopefully some new inspiration!

Hope I helped :)