Advertise, Advertise, Advertise

Let's say you're trying to get more readers for your short story, go into the 'Short Story Club' and right up the top of the discussions there will be a 'Share Your Short Stories' discussion where you can advertise your short stories. All the clubs have them. But always make sure you read the 'Club's Guidelines' so you can follow the rules of advertising your story.

Now it's all well and good to just simply comment the title of your story, a short summary and a link but is that really going to catch people's eyes? Probably not. So why not add a picture of your cover?

But how do I add a picture into my post, you ask? Well first you start by getting a photobucket account then follow the prompts to upload a picture of your cover. Once you do that there will be a bunch of links towards the right side of the picture. There should be a html link, click that and it will automatically copy it, then you simply go back to the discussion where you want to advertise your story and paste the link and then when you click post the image will appear in your post. See, simple.

Or if you wanted to do one better you could hit up the 'Multimedia Designs Club' and find someone to make you a story ad. A story ad is a graphic which usually has a picture of the book cover, the story description and a link to the story.

Advertising Don'ts

Don't pester another author to read your book especially if they have already said no. It's just plain annoying.

NEVER and I mean NEVER promote your story in the comments section of another author's story. It's just plain rude.

Don't just follow random people whose stories you've never read just so you can PM them to read your story.