Creative Covers

Creative Covers

Having a good title is just as important as having a good cover. Ever heard the saying ''Don't judge a book by it's cover''? well it's bull. Because nearly everyone will choose a book with a 'prettier' or 'better' cover than one that isn't so pretty.

Make sure you cover is clean. What I mean by this is, make sure that you can clearly read the title and subtitle (if you have one) as well as your name on the cover.

*Quick side note: This is just my opinion but when writing the author's name I prefer to use a real name or a pen name. I just think it looks better than 1D_Lover123.*

Another thing to remember is to make sure your cover is the right size. The size for a cover here on Wattpad should be 256x400. A banner on the other hand should be the opposite, 400x256.

Don't overcrowd your cover, make it nice and simple and make sure that the picture you have on the cover relates to your story. It's like having a picture of a vampire on the cover of a werewolf book, or a picture of Justin Bieber on a 1D fan fiction. Doesn't make sense does it?

Not so good at making covers? Why not check out the 'Multimedia Designs Club' and find someone to make you a cover. There are plenty of talented people there.