CHAPTER ONE

Camila had an acceptable life. It wasn't particularly exciting or interesting but she knew she was in no position to complain.

Her parents were decent people, they loved and supported her no mater what. She didn't have that many friends but that wasn't what she needed. Camila had a sweet boyfriend and they had been together since seventh grade. His name was Chuck. She liked hanging out with him but still it felt like something was missing. Every single day in and out was the same.

Wake up, get picked up by Chuck, go to school, go home again, do her homework and sleep. And then again and again.

It was so tiring.

The most exciting thing that happened to her in the past month was when Chuck's hand accidently slipped while they were making out and touched her boob. He apologized afterwards though.

She had told him she didn't mind but he insisted she'd be treated with respect. And that they would get to that point once they were mature enough.

Camila thought it was bullshit. And this being the most exciting event made her feel beyond stupid.

Outside of her house a car honked. She grabbed her bag and kissed her mother goodbye before heading out the door. The sun blinded her for a second and reflected on Chuck's mint Ford Cortina.

She found Chuck in the drivers' seat, waving at her. Camila smiled as she entered the car.

"Goodmorning beautiful." Chuck said before pecking her lips shortly.

"Morning Chuck." She murmered back.

"Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" He asked as he started the car.

"I'm just tired, that's all." She lied.

She was tired, that was true. But maybe she was growing a bit tired of him. She loved him but she was beginning to long for some more passion in their relationship. Nevertheless, she didn't shake of the hand he put on her knee whilst driving.

The radio blasted 'These boots are made for walkin' by Nancy Sinitra and Camila turned the volume up. They didn't speak for the rest of the ride and Camila softly hummed with the song while she looked at the houses in her suburb. She knew nearly all of the faces that hid behind the curtains and the freshly cut lawns. It agitated her and Camila couldn't wait to get out of this place.

Chuck parked the Cortina on the parking lot and opened the door for her. She got out and spotted Lauren Jauregui's parents' Chevrolet Chevelle Station Wagon rolling in the parking lot. She wasn't the only one that noticed.

Several people stopped and stared as the car halted in front of the school and the door opened. Out came Lauren, smoothing her long dark hair with her left hand. In the other she held a pile of books. Her little sister, Taylor followed her and together they waved their mother goodbye. She left the parkinglot and Lauren fixed her plaid dress. Probably to make sure her knees were well hidden under the fabric.

As she walked to the school, boys kept giving her admiring glances. And it wasn't just the boys. Some girls quickly walked to her, eager to be her friend, but never quite succeeding.

Lauren glanced in their direction and gave a polite smile which Camila, naturally, returned. She was so gracious. As soon as they disappeared through te school the onlookers snapped out of their trance.

''Was she seriously just trying to hit on me?'' Chuck blurted out. ''Isn't it clear that I am already taken?''

Camila rolled her eyes. ''She was just being polite Chuck, don't sweat it.'', she said.