CHAPTER TWO

Camila stared at the raven haired girl in front of her in awe while Lauren simply smiled at her. Camila was so astonished that she actually knew her name. She found herself lost for words. So she simply nodded.

"I am Lauren." She said.

"I know." Camila blurted out.

I know? Really Camila? That must have been the most dull answer she could possibly give.

Camila was pretty sure Lauren had no idea everyone adored her so much. Now she was surely going to think she was some creep or stalker.

"We were in the same Math class this morning. You came in late." Camila added to her pathetic response.

Lauren bit her lip and Camila could have sworn her cheeks flushed for an instant.

Her long fingers fiddled with the cross which would have been hanging in her cleavage. Hadn't it been for the high collar of the dress she was wearing.

"Do you like history?" Camila asked.

"I do. I think it's rather important to understand the past to create a better future."

Camila was amazed by Lauren's answer. It seemed so intelligent. So thoughtful.

"What about you? Do you like history?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah I do, but I like English better because I get to write there."

"You write?" Lauren asked with a small smile.

In front of them a girl gave them an angry look.

"I think she wants us to be quiet." Lauren whispered with a smile.

She took out her notebook and averted her gaze on the wall on which the film was projected.

"Screw her." Camila said with a smile.

Lauren offered her a grin.

For some reason Camila felt super nervous. She couldn't help but keep glancing sideways at the girl next to her.

In all those years Lauren had never tried to make friends with anyone. Why would she do it now?

Within ten minutes Camila didn't even know what was happening in the film anymore.

"Why are you staring?" Lauren suddenly asked with a grin. She still kept her gaze on the film.

Camila felt heat rushing to her head.

"I'm not staring." Camila said.

"You were. In fact, you still are." She said, still without looking at her.

"I just... I like your dress. Where did you buy it?" Camila said.

"My mother made it." Lauren said with a grimace.

"Oh. That's cool."

"You know it's not." Lauren said, finally facing her and rolling her eyes.

"But this one is okay I guess." She said, stroking the soft fabric.

It was much more than okay. Camila was pretty sure Lauren's mother had tried to hide Lauren's curves in the dress. She failed. The dress still hugged lauren's hips.