06

A/N : HOLA PEOPLE. I am back with another chapter, sorry it took this long ! Anyway, this was an enjoyable chapter to like and personally I like how it turned out. There is a sweet moment in this chapter too, yay :D I hope you guys will like this ! Well, I'll stop talking now :).

-

-

-

-

Lucy opened the door quietly and achingly slowly, praying that it wouldn't creak. Much to her relief, it didn't, and she slipped out silently, tiptoeing like a little mouse. She didn't even dare to walk.normally. The only sounds that could be heard was her soft, hushed breathing and the occasional tip-tap of her feet.

She was dressed rather well, in case she successfully managed to find a tiny loophole for her to escape. Lucy would just run off, dash far, far away and never look back. She doubted that though, and tonight her main purpose would be to survey the place. She was clad in what Aries picked out for her, a little pink shirt that matched Natsu's hair, and a short, white skirt. It was plain, not exactly fashionable, but it one of the nicer outfits that she had, and had seen.

Do slaves get nice outfits ? Or was it just her ? Was it because of her so-called status as the bastard's, no, Natsu's slave ? So far, she had seen only Aries and Virgo, as well as the other slaves at the viewing, but they were all dressed presentably. Aries was wearing a white woolly dress with a pair of simple boots while Virgo wore a cute maid outfit.

The flickering lights did nothing to reassure Lucy as she walked down the halls carefully. It was somewhat chilly in the hallways, and a tiny part of her wished she had worn one of the oversized shirts given to her. Other than this outfit, what she received were huge shirts that didn't fit her petite frame, causing them to seem like mini-dresses.

The thundering sound of footsteps interrupted Lucy's thoughts and she hastily ducked into a doorway as a group of men armed with guns at their waists walked past, their faces dark and grim. 'Thank goodness I didn't get caught.'

She was about to walk off when a hand touched her shoulder, causing her to jump slightly.

"What are you doing, slave ?" A cold, harsh voice asked her, and she turned to face a tall, buff man with a scarred face staring down at her. Her eyes instantly drew to his waist where there was a gun hanging.

For a second, Lucy was panicky. What should she say ? Her quick wits and snappy alter ego took over and she bowed her head respectfully as she uttered the words.

"I am on a errand for Master Natsu to retrieve more cushions and blankets sir. It is getting rather chilly."

"Hmm. What are you doing here then ?" The man seemed to consider her words.

"I got lost trying to find the room where they store such things." Lucy replied, and the man nodded slightly.

"Walk straight from here, turn left then enter the room that's second. Don't let me catch you wandering around again after this."

"Yes sir, thank you very much sir." Lucy bowed again and hurriedly left to grab some cushions and blankets.

-

Natsu opened an eye slightly as he felt someone moving. To his amusement, he saw Lucy staring at his bed with a worried and anxious expression as she neared the door. His first reaction was to get up and demand her to get back, but he wanted to know how far she could get by sneaking out. Being a son of a mafia boss, you naturally learnt to become a very light sleeper.

Natsu smirked as Lucy hurried outside, tiptoeing quietly. What was the blonde going to do ? Would she just disappear forever now ? Or would she get caught by a guard and get beaten up ? Natsu was half-tempted to get up and go after her, but then he decided not to. 'Who cares about the little blonde ?'

He decided to just go back to sleep, but sleep refused to claim him. He looked up as soon as the door creaked open. A disgruntled and obviously frustrated Lucy entered, carrying a heap of cushions and blankets. Natsu smirked slightly at how she was without any injuries. 'So the girl is smart huh ?'

"You're pretty smart." Natsu exclaimed cheerfully and guffawed when Lucy dropped the heap of items with a jump.

"Oh my god, you scared the hell out of me !" Lucy clutched a hand to her chest.

"That's what you get for sneaking out." Natsu said playfully as Lucy blushed slightly.

"You noticed ?"

"Duh, I'm a light sleeper."

"Why didn't you come after me ?"

"Well, I actually don't really like this slave idea, so if you really managed to escape, then good for you."

"Wow, you're actually a really nice guy !" Lucy exclaimed.

"Took you this long ?" Natsu teased.

"Shut up you pompous brat !"

"You sound like those dramatic bitches." Natsu snickered.

"EH , WHAT ? NO WAY !"

"Yes way !"

"Ugh, I hate you !"

"I love you so much Lucy Luce !"

"Ew no !"

The sounds that could be heard was Natsu's laughing and Lucy's flustered blabbering.

"Well, I'm gonna try and get back to sleep now." Natsu said finally, crawling back into his bed.

"Yeah, I'm kinda tired. Try though ? Can't you just go back to sleep ?"

"I usually can't fall asleep again after waking up."

"Oh... Sorry." Lucy felt guilty somehow. Despite her little bitchy attitude towards Natsu, deep down she was a sweet, kind and genuine girl that wanted the best for everyone. Somehow, having a father that constantly worked and ignored her, and what's more, getting kidnapped to be a salve, it dampened Lucy's original personality and she became rather defensive, cheeky, snappy and sarcastic.

"Nah, it's fine man, go to sleep." Natsu shrugged.

"But... It was I who snuck out and woke you up !" Lucy protested.

"Go to sleep already."

Lucy bit her lip before softly saying, "Want me to sing you to sleep ? I know a little lullaby."

Natsu was surprised. The blonde wanted to sing for him ? She was honestly too sweet.

"I'd like that." Natsu said with a warm grin and Lucy smiled back.

Lucy started humming, before slowly singing a lullaby she vaguely remembered her mother singing to her whenever she had nightmares. It was soft, sweet, and utterly soothing to the ears.

Natsu smiled as he felt himself drifting off to the depths of sleep. Lucy was a great singer, he decided. The girl hummed and sung sweetly, like a dear angel from heaven. Sure, she could be impossible, a little bitchy, sarcastic, snippy, and a little mean, but tonight revealed a new side of her. A sweet and gentle girl. Maybe there was more to Lucy than he thought.

"Thanks Luce." Natsu murmured, his eyes closing.

Upon hearing that, Lucy smiled.

"Goodnight Natsu, sleep tight."

-

-

-

vote

/

comment

/

share

Thank you !