07

a/n - enjoy this update ! personally I don't really like this chapter, oh well. let me know if you enjoyed it or something.

enjoy ! vote and comment please !

-

-

-

Natsu awokened early, and he glanced at the clock beside him. Only 6am, he could have had more time to sleep, but sleep wasn't something that came to him easily, not anymore. Natsu contented himself by watching Lucy sleep, the way she snores lightly and huffs a little, it was honestly too cute. He would have continued watchinf if it wasn't for the knock on his door.

Natsu got out of bed, slipping his feet into fuzzy slippers and made his way to the door.

"What do you want ?" Natsu grunted as he opened the door.

A petite girl dressed in dirty rags said softly, and Natsu could hear fear in her voice. "Master Riley would like you to go see him now, Master Natsu."

"Okay, be off now." Natsu waved a hand, and the girl scampered off.

Natsu entered his room again to change into a pair of jeans and a shirt. Riley wanted to see him so early in the morning ? Whatever was it for ? It surprised him, since Riley never woke up early.

Upon reaching Riley's room, Natsu knocked lightly, and received a " come in ".

Riley was seated at a chair, dressed only in his bathrobe, with a sultry-looking girl beside him, dressed only in a skimpy nightdress. Natsu scowled internally.

"What is it, Master Riley ?" Natsu asked with a bow.

"I was having some fun last night, then I thought of you and your little slave. Well, dear son, is she serving her purpose well ?" Riley said with a smirk.

"She is. I honestly could not have asked for a better slave." Natsu responded, and it was true. He really did like Lucy, she was interesting, fun to tease, and she didn't cower in his presence, which was something he was very glad about.

"She is not showing any signs of trying to escape, is she ?" Riley asked, his eyes observing Natsu coldly.

"She's perfectly docile." Natsu replied, knowing it wasn't true.

"So were her claims last night that you ordered her to get some blankets and cushions true ?"

"Yes, of course. It was chilly and what better use of a slave then to order her around ?"

"Very well. Keep that slave in hand alright, she's valuable. If you ever don't want her, she can be sold for millions."

"Yes, Master Riley."

"You are dismissed."

-

-

-

Lucy groaned a little as she got up. What time was it ? Her eyes flitted around the room before she realised that Natsu wasn't here. Lucy got up and looked at the small clock. 6.15 am huh ? She was sort of surprised that she woke up so early.

'Hmm, I wonder where Natsu went so early in the morning ?'

Her stomach growled slightly and Lucy blushed. She was hungry, definitely. What time does breakfast for slaves start anyway ?

Lucy entered the shower and quickly washed herself, she didn't exactly want Natsu walking in and commenting. She groaned as she realised that she would have to use his bar of soap.

Lucy smiled slightly at the color of his soap, it was orange and it smelt a little like ash mixed with oakwood. Somewhat like fire.

"Lucy, are you in the shower ?" Lucy quickly wrapped herself in a towel and stepped out.

"Yeah, I'm out though, you can use the shower now." Lucy responded to Natsu.

"Nah, just wondering where you went. Got you some food, hungry ?"

"Duh. Let me get dressed."

Five minutes later, Lucy was wolfing down a plate of eggs and bacon.

"Mm this is good." Lucy sighed happily.

"I got it specially for you, like it ?" Natsu said with a grin.

"Ooh yes definitely ! Thanks Natsu !" Lucy beamed.

"It's somewhat of a repayment for last night, it helped a lot." Natsu said earnestly.

Lucy blushed a bit before saying, " It's no problem."

"Thanks Luce, really."

Was it weird how Lucy liked that Natsu called her Luce ? It felt correct somehow. It sounded good.

"Heh, I... Uh, do I need to do anything ?" Lucy stuttered when Natsu stared at her.

"What ? No, nothing. Just eat your food alright."

"Erm okay, sure." Lucy looked flustered as Natsu continued staring at her.

"You look cute when you eat." Natsu said with a serious face.

"Wh- Shut up !"