11

A/N: Many apologies for the lack of updates, but I am back with one now! I'm so sorry for the really long hiatus, but I've been thinking on how to continue this and maybe rewrite it. For now, I'll keep updating it as soon as I can. Thank you so much for the wonderful comments & support I've received. I'm really grateful.

Continue to support by voting & commenting! 

-

-

-

"Natsu! Friends forever right?"

"Duh, Luce! Come on, do you even have to ask?"

Natsu jerked awake, his eyes darting around the room. He sighed, rubbing his temples as he sat up. That dream again, a dream about a small pink-haired boy and a little blonde girl. Slowly, his eyes adjusted to the dark and he glanced at the clock. Well, it was barely dawn. 

Instinctively, he looked over at Lucy, who was currently snoring softly as she was sprawled out on the ground. Honestly, he didn't know when, but it had become a habit to check on the blonde girl whenever he woke up. Maybe it was because Natsu finally felt that Lucy was a girl he could trust, a friend. Or maybe he was just really afraid of losing another person he had let come closer.

Natsu had sworn not to feel so strongly about a slave. When Riley first made the ridiculous notion of him requiring a slave, he had promised himself that while he would be a decent master, he wouldn't get closer to her. His plan was to get a ordinary slave that could clean and do the chores well, and they would practically have no interactions at all. However, his emotions got the better of him. In the heat of the moment, he had chosen the spunkiest and prettiest slave, definitely not someone ordinary. 

Then came more complications. The dreams he were having about the same little blonde girl called Lucy, why did they seem more like memories rather than dreams? Natsu felt a tingling sense of Déjà vu, as though those dreams did indeed happen before. Strange how he couldn't remember anything from his childhood other than the faint memories of Igneel, but according to the doctor he had been to, it was normal for someone who had childhood trauma. He had never really gotten over Igneel's death, or maybe his disappearence, as he would so very much like to believe. But forgetting his entire childhood? That was ridiculous, he thought to himself.

Lisanna. That name stirred up memories as well. He vaguely remembered a tiny white-haired girl with a cheeky smile and the cutest voice. She might have been a close friend once, but he had mostly forgotten about her. The only thing he remembered was receiving an email from a Lisanna, probably the same one, telling him that she was getting married soon and that he should come to the wedding for old time's sake. 

"Natsu! Make a wish! Hurry up! The shooting star is going away soon!"

"I wish that Lucy and I can play together forever and ever with Happy!"

"Silly Natsu! You aren't supposed to tell me your wish!"

"Why not?" 

"Because it won't come true then!"

That sudden flashback left Natsu startled. He saw the smiling face of a pretty blonde girl with honey brown eyes, the dark sky with infinite stars decorating it, a bright flash of a falling star, and a blue cat.

What left him even surprised was how familiar the young blonde looked like.

That Lucy from his dreams shared a resemblence with the Lucy he knew now.

Could it be the same Lucy after all?

-

Lucy awoken with a small yawn. Wrinkling her nose, she looked around the dark room and was surprised to see Natsu sitting up on his bed, staring into space. Unlike the usual grin he had or the false cocky smirk, he had a smile of remembrance, as though he was recalling something pleasant. Despite that, his fists were clenched into his sheets tightly, his brows furrowed slightly as he twitched about. 

"Natsu?" She called out sleepily, smiling slightly.

"Hmm?" came the absent-minded reply of the pinkette.

"Why are you up so early?"

"Could say the same for you," he shot back.

For a moment, Lucy thought he was checking her out, from the way he stared so intently at her and how his eyes focused onto her face.

"Natsu... Why are you staring at me like that?" Beginning to feel slightly self-conscious, considering how she was never really attractive in the morning, Lucy asked.

"Lucy, do you remember your childhood?" Natsu questioned, not even replying her question.

Lucy was taken aback for a moment. Her childhood? Now that wasn't a question she got everyday. Now that she had started to think about it, what was her childhood like? She hadn't exactly tried to remember it, not since that day.

"Not really... I don't think so." she answered hesitantly.

"Not even the slightest memory?"

"Well..." Lucy racked her brains, searching her memories. She could barely find any relating to her childhood other than her father being a fierce man who wanted her to study all day, forbidding her from playing with that boy. 

Wait, what boy?

"Uh... There was a boy..." she murmurs, closing her eyes and rubbing her temples.

Natsu was strangely silent.

"I think..." Suddenly, the grin of a young boy appeared in her mind, making her smile in surprise.

"Luce! Luce! Make more daisy chains for me!"

What was that?

"I think... No, wait... He used to call me Luce, that boy. We made daisy chains? Or at least, I did? I'm not sure... Oh no.. I think I've forgotten most of it."

"Forgotten?" Natsu echoed.

"Yes... There was an accident... I think.. My mother died.. Layla Heartfilia.." Lucy mutters.

"Your mother died? When was that?"

"Year X777, July 7. I remember the date so clearly, it was a huge irony. A special date for her special death huh?" Lucy laughed bitterly.

"Year X777, July 7? Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. How can I forget the day the most precious person to me died?" 

"It can't be! That was the day Igneel vanished!"

"Sorry?"

"On Year X777, July 7, my father disappeared from the face of the earth. His name was Igneel."