Chapter 1

"Text me when you get home" Her best friend Ciara said, still looking at Derek. "I will, I will. Bye" she responded, as the girl in the doorway closed it the one left out in the cold slowly trudged back up the drive.

Ciara had invited Kira round for the night - but just hadn't mentioned Derek was going to be there too. She never liked him, but had never said anything because Ciara was way too infatuated with him, and 'who were you to let your bitterness effect other people, right?' Her conscience told her.

Walking down the street with hands in her hoodie pockets, shivering from the cold, blurry outlines of shadows were the only things visible from the light of the streetlamps. Everything else was black {A/N: Like my soul}.

After walking for a few minutes, the feeling of being followed began to slowly materialise around her thoughts and eventually dominated them, making her more paranoid than she already was. Although everything was done to shake the taunting thoughts away, she begun to walk faster. The feeling increased over time, and she spun around expecting to see something - yet, there was nothing.

Paying less attention to the route she had travelled countless times, she begun to speak to herself, convincing her worries that this was just another part of her anxiety trying to invade. The girl walked past a wall familiar to her, that had been there longer than she could remember; wanted posters plastered the bricks along with old gum and spray paint. Merely to change her focus onto something else, she skimmed her eyes over the faces she had seen staring back at her from the papers countless times, stopping at a new one. It had caught her sharp eye almost instantly, as the latter had been trained to identify the lack of dirt and creases that the other posters possessed.

Looking at the unfamiliar face, new to the collection, she was instantly drawn to the soothing brown eyes which stood out amongst the rough features of all the other criminals and somehow captivated her. She had never imagined such soft eyes could belong to someone so bad. She longed to find out the story behind them, but her luck had run out as the dim light didn't permit her to read the offences listed underneath, and her phone was dead - so no torch light.

After spending a moment to inspect the intriguing irises, she moves on from her trance and turns the corner, walking past two policemen, too deep in conversation to notice a girl engulfed in her hoodie in the dark.

Just when she could hear the sound of their footsteps slowly dying out, a cold hand reached out to her shoulder, another covering her mouth, tugging her to towards the abyss of an alleyway next to her, that she hadn't even noticed. Too shocked and rendered speechless, she refrains from protesting and is led into the sidestreet. Questions and scenarios suddenly begin to form in her mind.

'Wait, what is this?!'
'Is this assault?'
'Who the fuck just grabbed me?'
'If I died my parents would kill me.'
'What if they find me dead in a pool of my own blood?!'
'What if they've got the wrong person?'
To her surprise, the hand was taken off her mouth once she was fully submerged in the darkness of the ally, and she lets out a huge gasp of air before speaking. "What the-" she starts, but was interrupted; "Have they gone?" The person asked. The voice was deep, yet soothing, and definitely male. "Who?" She spat, restraining her queries. "The cops, man" the deep voice sighed into the dark. "Yeah, yeah... Why didn't you just check yourself" she replied, suddenly forgetting that she was about to have a go at whoever this person was.

"That would kinda beat the point of not being seen" he said, walking deeper into the alley. Following him out of intrigue and curiosity, she came to a dead end where a small lantern and worn out rucksack were leaning against the wall in the corner. The light from the lantern was dim, but just enough for her to see, and when she saw it the cogs in her brain slowly began to turn, before registering in her mind fully and she knew.

It was him - the boy with the brown eyes.

--------------------------------
A/N: Hey guys! So this is only like the second thing I've written, I know it won't be that popular, so I'll set a low target. I don't really know if this is good or not, or if you guys like this kind of thing, but for a new chapter can I have 5 reads?
___________

-- also the picture at the top was made by me :)