Chapter 17

It's then that Phil finally looks up from his phone and reaches forward to take the remote from my hand, and I'm convinced he was probably using it as an excuse for contact. He's too late, though, because I already have all the information I need.

Even though Lady Lester insists we stay another night, Ciara and I can't wait to get out of there and away from the two brothers, and I try to hide a laugh when Derek leans in to kiss her goodbye with his eyes closed, only to open them and find she's walked away from him. By the look of frustration on his face I can see that obviously doesn't happen to him very often, which just makes it better. As for me, who knows how long it'll be until I'm forced to spend time with Phil again?

Speaking of Phil, he had also tried to get a kiss at our departure. My mother and Lady Lester had been watching with wide-eyes, but on the spur of the moment I began to violently cough until he backed away, now with an uneasy expression prominent on his face. I tried not to grin as he pulled out a small bottle of hand sanitizer and began to excessively empty it into his hands. That should keep him away for a good few days, at least from my mouth.

We head back to Ciara's house first to drop her off, but then end up staying there anyway. My mum talks to hers downstairs, and our minds are on the same thing as soon as we've sprinted up the stairs to her room.

"It can't be Dan?!"

"It's got to be Dan!"

We both blurt out at the same time a millisecond after she closes the door behind us, her questioning whether its Dan, but I know it has to be him, she hadn't seen his mask on the night of the ball but I had. I know this is the break I've been looking for and worrying about, fate working in my favour for once in my life. I explain to her about the mask along with how the hooded man in the back had actually been representing a phone number, and it makes me happy when her face lights up as the story progresses - she actually genuinely cares.

"What are you waiting for, then?!" She half-yells eagerly, trying to grab my phone from my pocket to find the number, before I slow her down and she raises an eyebrow at me.

"Uh, are you not gonna call the number, this is what we've been looking for," she says, her voice faltering at my lack of enthusiasm.

"B-but what if I say the wrong thing, or it's not him, or he gets caught talking to someone associated with the Lesters and I get him in trouble? What if I call him during an important meeting, w-what if-"

"Dude," Ciara interrupts my ramble, making me take a deep breath in and out. "Calm down, stop worrying, it's gonna be okay, and we're gonna get Dan, okay?" she says slowly as I nod in response, helping me regain my composure. I don't know what had come over me. One second I was overeager to try the number and now I'm having a panic attack. Great.

"I need you to listen to me. You want to find him so badly, right?" she questions. I nod. "well, he wouldn't be doing all this if he didn't want to find you the same amount. Look at how you were set up with Phil, thats because he's the Son Of Lester - Dan's the Son Of Howell, meaning he'll get setups too, he'll get loads of proposals and girls throwing themselves at him. He has the easy life and yet here he is, going against his name and his whole family to find a girl he's only met twice. You need to think in depth, Kira, but in the right way rather than doubting yourself all the time. Even when I doubt you I'm no good without you, and I'm sure Dan is no good without you either." she finishes and I feel my heart warm at the sound of it. She doesn't realise how much I appreciate her advice, and for a girl who's actually going through heartbreak right now that must have taken a lot of strength. To talk about love, to be happy for me.

I give her a hug and a small smile. "Thanks, Ciara... I guess we can call the number." I say quietly and she squeals in delight. Why is this exciting her more than me? Maybe I'm just nervous.

I take out my phone from my back pocket, but it feels strange in my hand for some reason, and has a scratch over the top that definitely wasn't there before. I furrow my brow as I turn it on, the wallpaper a bright blue - my phone wallpaper is a picture of Ciara and I. Something definitely isn't right. I swipe to the right and put in my passcode.

Incorrect.

Then it hits me. The blue wallpaper and the passcode and the strange feeling in my hand - this isn't my phone. It's Phil's.

----------

A/N: I'm sorry I didn't update and this was short, major writer's block. But then someone commented to update and I felt guilty. Please have this guilt chapter.

Also: In Dan's liveshow he said somethings starting today, its 10:10pm and he still hasnt uploaded and its almost spooky week and PINOF8 IM DYING