Regret: Chung x Ara

Requested by @Miyako_Aoki

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Classes:
Chung: Tactical Trooper
Ara: Yama Raja

Elsword: Lord Knight
Rena: Grand Archer
Elesis: Grand Master

Aisha: Dimension Witch
Raven: Blade Master
Eve: Code: Battle Seraph

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

TRIGGER WARNING: SELF HARM INVOLVED. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

DO NOT ATTEMPT ANYTHING INCLUDED IN THIS CHAPTER PLEASE BECAUSE YOU ALL ARE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, I LOVE ALL OF YOU.
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

His clock chimed quietly, indicating that it had become midnight. With a curse under his breath, he stood up from his desk and left the room, in hopes to find a small midnight snack. Once he had arrived at the small kitchen, however, the lights were already turned on. A raven-haired girl was still awake, in one hand a kitchen knife and the other was bleeding, beads of crimson liquid dripping down her arm, staining her pale skin.

"Ara?" He softly spoke, not wanting to startle the girl. Despite his small effort, the spear-wielder jumped slightly, perhaps shocked that there was still someone awake at that time. She slowly turned around.

"C-Chung! W-what're you doing so late?" She said with a false hint of cheeriness and a small twinge of worry. His eyes trailed to the sharp piece of metal in her hand curiously.

"I was doing some paperwork. Did you accidentally cut yourself or something?" Her eyes were clouded with confusion until it seemed like she visibly lighten up.

"Y-yes! That's it! I was putting away some dishes when I dropped the knife! How clumsy of myself!" She laughed awkwardly, placing the sharp tool back into the sink and scratching the back of her head with her clean hand. The male Seiker knitted his brows together before dismissing his confusion, believing the Yama Raja. As his cerulean eyes examined her and again, they were still there. Faded scars across her body were slightly visible. He always ignored them, coming to the conclusion she got them while going on dungeons, as she usually did so alone. But as the days went by, new ones appeared, and they obviously weren't from monsters as they haven't received any quests lately.

"Right..." He drawled out. "Um, I believe you'll be fine without my aid?" Ara almost laughed.

No, I haven't been fine for a while.

She smiled sweetly at him, facing the sink and turning on the faucet. "Yes, of course, Chung. Thank you. Now, don't stay up too late, remember, you have that quest tomorrow."

Chung simply nodded, bowed and left the room, making the female Haan sigh in relief before placing the knife in the sink, clattering metal against metal. That was a close one. She grabbed a papertowel and started wiping the blood off her wrist, a familiar stinging making her slightly wince in pain. She sighed. Tomorrow, I'm sure. I'm doing it.

|•|

"We're home!" Rena called out cheerfully, despite having a handful of cuts and scrapes over her body, bursting through the door. Elsword, Elesis and Chung trudged along behind her, all sporting similar battle marks; beat-down armour, slight burned hair and a few minor injuries all around. Chung raised his brow, usually, Ara would answer back to their call. Raven, Aisha and Eve were currently on a separate quest, so she would've been the only one to answer.  He felt a shudder go through his body.

Apparently, the other three felt the peculiar feeling and all exchanged odd glances with each other. With a swift nod from Elsword, the four of them parted in different directions in search of the young Haan lady.