two

*senior year of high school*

Since that day Sophomore year, my life went downhill from there. Sean and I broke up only a few months after that, and feelings for him lingered for quite some time. I barely passed Junior year due to diagnosed minor depression. Luckily for me, I feel fine now. 

But through everything, Mark has been there. Every second he's been there to protect me and keep me as happy as he possibly could. He would come over on days I was feeling extra upset. Bringing with him movies, your favorite foods, and himself in warm pajamas to lay next to. We may not be dating, but we really act like it. 

This only caused the already strong feelings for Mark I had, to develop. I was in love with that man. He has officially stolen my heart. He's taken it, kept it for himself, and not given me any indication is I've stolen his. It's driven me insane, but I can wait for someone I love. One day I'll get him. One day. 

"Hey Chloe, are you ready? Its graduation day!" Mark said over the phone. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I was wearing a white dress that flowed over my body gracefully, reached to my knees. I wore it with black sandals and a black belt. My hair, now curled, set itself on my shoulders and my make up was better than ever. I've never been so ready. 

"Yeah! Are you mister Markiplier?" I asked with a chuckle. I don't know where that nickname came from, but I've been calling his Markiplier since the beginning of Junior year. He said he liked it, that it had a nice ring to it. 

"Never been so ready. I can't wait to get out of high school." He said with a laugh. I smiled. I couldn't help it. He was so damn cute. I just wanted to kiss his sweet, soft lips. I could picture them in my head. Not just that, but his whole adorable face. 

"I can cheer to that!" I said with a laugh. I pulled on my robes, throwing my ropes over my neck and lightly setting the cap on my head. I was graduating today. It was actually going to happen. I finally get to leave high school. 

"I love youuuuuuu. But I'm heading to the graduation so I'll see you there!" Mark said before hanging up. He was in a rush. I looked down at the time on my phone and realized why. It was almost call time. I ran out of my room and downstairs to where my parents were obviously as ready to go as I was. We all ran out and drove to the auditorium that my graduation would take place. 

I got there and ran as fast as I could to where I needed to be. I saw Mark sitting alone on his phone, probably playing a video game or something. He's been insanely into games lately. I thought it was honestly just extremely adorable that he does that. 

"Hey you." I said standing next to him. We all awaited when we'd stand in lines and walk out together. Then anxiously awaiting our diplomas and hoping for the best and that we don't face plant on stage. The waiting was the worst part. 

Soon enough, we did just that, we began walking out and luckily I was instructed to sit next to Mark. I just felt better knowing I'd have my best friend beside me until the end of this, and hopefully everything else in my life. He was my everything, he's what kept me going. 

"Mark Fischbach." Our principle called, giving Mark the permission to go grab his diploma. I'd never seen Mark with such a smile on his face. He grabbed the diploma, shook our principles hand, and walked out to come sit next to me again. There were a few more people called before me. But then I was called. 

I walked up there, trying my hardest not to hurt myself. I gracefully stepped up the steps and walked to our principle. He handed me my diploma, smiling and reaching another hand out to shake. I willingly stuck my hand out and shook him. I then walked off, not tripping the entire time I did so. Lucky for me. 

"You looked great." Mark said as I sat down. He rested a hand on my knee and squeezed before pulling it back and looking back to the front. I felt chills erupt through me at the feeling of his touch. It was unbelievable that just that small touch, could send me into a word of mixed emotions. 

Soon the graduation ended, we all exited the auditorium and went to find our families. Mine was in plain sight, mom, dad, brother. I just smiled and ran up to them. Jumping into a hug. They all hugged back before we just talked and took pictures. It was so simple with just them there, and made my life so much easier. 

"Mind if I still this one for a minute?" I heard a voice say as I felt hands on my waist. It was obviously Mark. I smiled as my parents agreed and Mark pulled my over to his family. I saw his mom, his dad, and his brother Thomas all standing together talking. It was shocking to see his mom and his dad so civilized considering the divorce was so messy. 

"Chloe! We want a picture of you and Mark!" His mom said with a smile. I nodded and proceeded to wrap an arm around Mark's shoulders and he answered with wrapping an arm around my waist. I smiled at the camera as she took it but them just hugged Mark. I heard another click as Mark wrapped an arm around me. That must have been an amazing picture. 

"Hey mom, I'll be right back. I need to talk to Chloe." Mark said wrapping an arm around me and looking at his mom hopeful. Though she was obviously more interested in the pictures she had just taken. 

Could this be the day Mark confessed his love for me? Could that possibly be? I was way to hopeful. I shouldn't expect such high hopes because they were probably going to be shut down. Better safe than sorry. 

Mark led me to the bench we used to spend time together on at lunch. I sat next to Mark and looked at him. He had a worried expression on his face. What could this possibly be? He rarely ever got worried about things. 

"Mark what's wrong?" I said resting my hand on his shoulder. He turned towards me and sighed. What was his deal? What's the problem? He was really confusing me right now. 

"I'm not staying in Ohio with you." He said before looking away. I felt my heart sink. He must be kidding. We always talked about living together in our favorite part of Cincinnati. He wouldn't just abandon those plans so quickly. "I'm moving to LA. Next week. I already found a place with these two guys. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I just didn't know how to tell you." 

"You're serious." Those were the only words I could get out of my mouth. I felt a knot swelling up in my throat and tears swelling up in my eyes. I saw Mark's face change, changing to a sad, sympathetic look. He knew I was about to cry. 

"Chloe please. Don't cry." He said wrapping me in a hug. I didn't wrap my arms around him. My hands reached to my face because the tears were coming stronger than they had before. I was actually crying in his hug. "You know we'll still talk. We've been friends since the beginning of time. I'm not going to just leave you." 

But he was. Mark was leaving me. He was leaving all of our original plans. He was leaving for a different place. A place almost all the way across the country. My fragile heart couldn't take this. What if I slipped back into my depression and he was the reason? And he wasn't here to make it easier? I don't know what I would do without Mark in my life. 

"Mark you're leaving." I said while my tears were heavier than ever. I was going to miss him more than anything. I was so confused and sad and scared. This was a whole new level of sadness. The love of my life and best friend was going to live miles and miles and miles away. 

"Chloe. Don't say that." He said pulling me away and cupping my face in his hands. He wiped the tears off my cheeks and looked me dead in the eyes. He had tears in his eyes. He cared. I've only seen Mark cry once before this. "I'm never going to leave YOU. Maybe I'm leaving Cincinnati, Ohio, but I'm not leaving you Chloe. I'm going to be here for you every step of the way. I'm going to talk to you everyday, just like we do now. And I'm going to visit, and you're going to come to LA and visit me. I. Love. You." 

That I love you, I knew he meant it as a sister. But in that moment, I've never been so unsure about it. I wanted to grab his face and kiss it. I've never felt so safe, even if it was in a situation like this. He made me so happy. I just, was happy with him. And the thought of not being with him was heart breaking. 

"I know. I'm sorry." I knew he wouldn't abandon me. Not this easy. 

I love him. 

He loves me.