eight

I woke up in the arms of Matt. 3 days into living here and it's weird. I love being here with Matt, and Ryan is really a nice guy but being here with Mark is still hard to get used to. It's hard. Being around Matt and Mark in the same house.

"Good morning lovely." Matt said pulling me closer to him. Being with Matt is amazing though. It's even better than I had originally imagined. He woke me up adorably every morning and treats me like a queen. I truly love Matt so much. He's my everything.

"Good morning. You wake up so adorably." I said with a giggle. He smiled and kissed my cheek gently. I felt my cheeks flush a red tint and my heart flutter. I still get butterflies every time he shows me affection of any kind.

"I'm glad you think so. You better get used to it. I hope you'll be here awhile." He said flipping me over quickly and planting a gentle kiss on my lips. I smiled and put my face into his chest. He ran his hands through my hair.

I wrapped my arm around his torso and rubbed his back gently. I heard his breathe slow and his chest rose in even consistent breathes. I think he fell asleep.

I pulled back a tiny bit and saw he was asleep. He fell back asleep. That's so sweet. I couldn't really get out of bed now though, Matt had his hand in my hair and another on my back. I didn't want to wake him up though. He's been working really hard putting together his and Ryan's new channel. He needed some sleep.

I was about to fall back asleep when I heard our bedroom door creak open. I turned slightly, trying to see who it was. It was Mark. What did he want?

"Hey," he whispered quietly. I raised my eyebrows at him. "Sorry. Just wanted to let you know the rest of your stuff is here. The truck just showed up and Ryan and I need some help. But we can wait awhile for Matt to wake up if you want." I wiggled out of Matt's arms, luckily without him saying a word.

"I'll help out." I said as I finally got out of bed. That's when the cold air hit me and I realized all I was wearing was a tank top and booty shorts. Mark had a shade of red displayed on his face and I could feel it creeping onto mine as well. "I'll be out as soon as soon as I change."

"Um, alright. I'll see you out there." Mark said before stepping out. The door closed and I almost groaned, before realizing Matt was still in the room with me. He had a light snore coming from his cute, sleeping body.

I striped out of my shorts as quick as I could and threw on a pair of Matt's sweats. They were a very comfortable baggy and if I'm going to move my shit, I'm going to be comfortable. I threw on a tshirt and left the room as quietly as possible.

I walked out to see Mark and Ryan talking to one of the movers. Mark handed them some money and they left. All of my stuff was already out of the truck but it all sat on their drive way.

"Hey Chloe." Mark said with a smile on his face.

"Hey Mark." I said walking out to them. Ryan smiled at me as well. I walked over to them and was about to say something before Ryan got a call. Just Mark and I, alright. That should be interesting.

"So..." Mark said awkwardly. I sighed.

"Mark, why is us being with each other again so awkward? We used to be best friends and now I feel like I barely know you." I said confidently. His face fell and he looked me dead in the eyes.

"I know what you mean. And I think it's my fault. The whole time you've been here I've just felt like crap Chloe. I ditched you when you needed me most for my own needs. I just feel like I disappointed you." He said looking at me with a soft face. "But I want to get to know you again. I want to be like we used to be. How about we go out? We can go get dinner or something?"

"Like Matt would let you take me out. He's-"

"I'm not taking you out. We're just two old friends going out to catch up." Mark said cutting me off. The idea of going out with Mark was nice, I just didn't want to have that conversation with Matt. I have no idea how he's going to react.

"That sounds awesome Mark." I said throwing all of my caution to the wind. "What's a good place for dinner in LA?" I asked curiously.

"There's a lot. But there's this really amazing Italian place downtown. I've been there a couple times in the past. We could go there if you want." Either he remembers that I LOVE Italian, or this is just a huge coincidence. And something tells me it's not.

"Well I do love Italian. Sure. When?"

"How about tomorrow night? I can film and edit enough today so I'm actually free tomorrow night. Also gives you a chance to tell Matt." I nodded, I'm incredibly excited for tomorrow. Spending quality time with Mark is going to be so much fun.

"Perfect." I said smiling. Mark smiled too and we began to grab my things.

Ryan came out soon after and started to help. Maybe 20 minutes went by before Matt woke up.

"Hey beautiful. Why didn't you wake me up to help?" He asked curiously as he walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek.

"You looked so peaceful sleeping. And let's be real, you needed it after the late nights you've been pushing lately." I said turning around to face him. He smiled and kissed my lips quickly before pulling away to grab a box.

"Thanks babe. You're really something else."

We got all my stuff in and where it needed to go. Ryan left to go meet up with a girl he's been talking to and Mark went up to record. Leaving Matt and I to unpack all my boxes. We decided to start out in the living room and kitchen, considering the boxes would just get in the way of everything.

"Hey honey," I said as I grabbed the first box off the kitchen floor. Matt was in the living room, unpacking some decorative things I brought to spice up the guys bland house.

"Yeah?" He asked looking up. I opened the box of my plates, Matt told me the guys only have plastic ones and a couple nice ones for when other came over. So I decided to bring mine so they could be actual adults.

"I think Mark and I are gonna go grab dinner tomorrow night." I said trying to be as nonchalant as possible. He looked up from his box with a confused face on.

"Why? Can't you just have dinner here?" Matt said confused. I sighed. I had a feeling this would happen. Great.

"Well it's just, we haven't been able to spend good time together since the day he left for LA. And that was 6 years ago. Just give me this Matt. Please." I said putting a puppy dog face on.

"No. I don't feel comfortable with you and Mark going to dinner together alone." Matt said getting a little more frustrated. I looked at him annoyed.

"Do you not trust me or something?" I said annoyed. Matt rolled his eyes before looking at me hurt.

"It's not that I don't trust you. It's that's I don't trust him. He's screwed me over a billion times. And I know he'll do it with you too." He said with a sad face on.

"Matt I've told you before, nothing about our friendship before was romantic. I don't think it's going to be different this time. We just want to catch up as friends. Come on Matt. I'm going to do it no matter what you say. It's just whether or not you're going to be mad at me for it."

"Fine." He said breaking. He looked at me defeated. "I won't be mad. I understand your point." I smiled, hopping over the counter and running to Matt.

I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his cheek over and over again. I felt him laugh and saw the cute smile spread across his sweet face. He looked at me and I kissed his lips passionately.

He leaned back to where I was straddling his hips. We didn't break our kiss until he slipped out a phrase.

"I love you Chloe."

"I love you too Matt." And we went back to our passionate kiss.