nine

This is the dress Chloe wears on the "date" with Mark just in case you were curious :)

Today's the day. Going to dinner with Mark. No one but Mark for the first time in years. I honestly more nervous than anything. Nervous that my feelings for him are going to hit me again. I'm not ready for that. Especially since things with Matt have been going so well.

Matt was playing video games with Ryan so I could get the chance to actually get ready. I picked out a really pretty outfit, considering Mark said the place is really fancy. He's only been there like once but he said it was wonderful.

I slid on a sleeveless black dress that reached down to my mid thigh. It was really flattering honestly. I had already curled my dark brown hair and now it reached to just below my shoulders. I pulled on a redish orange flat sandals and a matching bag. I also wore a black and white scarf and it was really pretty. I think I looked amazing.

"Hey baby. You look wonderful." Matt said standing up with a huge smile on his face. "You really need to dress up this much to go to dinner with Mark?" He said a slight bit frustrated.

"Matt come on. You know this place is really fancy." I said frustrated. I kissed his cheek and wrapped him in a hug. "You should know that when we go on a date, I'm gonna look 10x hotter." I said with a seductive tone.

"Well I'm looking toward to it." He said now convinced of what was happening was normal. It wasn't but I needed him to think so. He could have a fun night with Ryan and I'd hang out with Mark and it'd be fine.

"I love you." I said with a smile. He smiled and kissed me quickly but passionately. He was adorable in his sweats. I loved seeing lazy Matt.

"You ready to go Chloe?" I heard Mark say from behind me. I turned around to see Mark in a full suit. Hot damn. I'm not going to lie, he looked fantastic. His blue hair was perfectly styled to one side and his suit fit him perfect.

"Yeah sure." I said trying to keep cool. Matt kissed my forehead and wrapped me in a tight hug before letting me leave with Mark.

We walked outside and made our way to his car. We climbed in before saying anything to each other.

"You look great Chloe. I haven't seen you look this nice since graduation." He said with a slight laugh.

"You haven't seen me since graduation Mark." I said slightly frustrated. It wasn't totally funny that he left me after high school. I wasn't just going to be able to joke about it so quickly.

"Yeah. Sorry." He said sort of awkwardly. "I was being serious though. You do look fantastic." Mark said with a genuine smile on his face. I smiled back, feeling the frustration from his last comment fade away. 

"Thanks Mark, that means a lot." I said feeling my face turn red with embarrassment. "You look mighty fine in that tux as well Markiplier." I said with a slight laugh. 

"Oh man, bringing back the Markiplier nickname I see." He said before pulling out of the driveway. "I like it." 

"Why did you make your YouTube channel name Markiplier?" I asked genuinely interested. He looked at me with an awkward smile. 

"Well, embarrassingly enough, I made it right after I left home. I got here and YouTube was just starting up. I missed you, not going to lie, and I didn't expect it to take off this much. Then it stuck, and people really liked it, and now we're here. Markiplier." He said with a laugh on the 'Markiplier'. I smiled, he's famous off of my nickname. 

"That's kinda cute." I said teasing him. He threw his head back with a strong sense of embarrassment. I smiled at him. I've missed our cute little banter. 

"Uh huh. Shut up." He said with a laugh. I smiled, putting my hands on my lap and smiling into them. 

We didn't talk for awhile, just listened to music in somewhat awkward silence. I liked the conversation we had just a minute ago. Though, I couldn't wait to talk to him at the restaurant. I feel like we could open up a little bit more there. 

"Valet. Told you this place was nice." Mark said with a smile. We both hopped out and Mark threw his keys to the valet. He smiled at me and we walked in. The place was magnificent. The waiting room was full and we could barely make out way through. 

We walked up to the podium and the line of waiting customers looked pissed. 

"Fischbach." He said casually. The man smiled and grabbed two menus before walking us to a table in a secluded corner. 

"How did you get a table? The waiting room is full." I asked confused. He smiled at me proudly. 

"It's called a reservation Chloe. Ever heard of one of those?" He said with a laugh. I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Sorry about the secluded table. I get worried about fans ruining stuff." He said rubbing the back of his neck. 

"It's fine. Better than being the center of attention." I said with a smile. "And hey, don't make fun of my Ohio personality. Used to be you too." He smiled at me with the goofiest grin on his face I've ever seen. And I really like his new glasses. 

"One day, you'll be as educated as LA me. Because one day, you'll be LA Chloe. And I'm looking forward to seeing that." He said with a slight smirk on his wonderful face. I felt myself blushing again. Damn Mark and his unignorable charm. 

"One day." I said before looking down at my menu. This dinner could be amazing, or terrible. 

We talked forever. It was as amazing as I'd hoped it'd be. We really clicked again and were able to talk like we used to. Bad thing is, I find myself attracted to him. Again. I can't though. I need to see Matt. I'm glad I live with the both of them and not just Mark. I'd be incredibly screwed. 

We ate our dinner so perfectly together that I was shocked. We were wonderful. The dinner was wonderful, the conversation was wonderful, WE were wonderful. I honestly didn't want to go home. 

"Hey, I'm not ready to head home yet. Wanna maybe, head to the bar?" He asked curiously. I smiled, it's like he read my mind or something. 

"I'd really love to do that." I said with a smile on my face. He smiled and paid the bill. It almost felt like a date. He paid, we're going for drinks, I felt bad but I couldn't help it. I missed Mark like crazy. 

"Perfect." He said as we walked out. Like he said, perfect.