eleven

Oh shit my head hurts. And my stomach. Why is that music so damn loud?

Wow, I haven't missed these hang overs.

I don't even remember getting home last night, but there I lay in Matt and my bed as hungover as I've ever been. Matt wasn't there but he'd obviously been sleeping next to me due to the fact that there was a fresh glass of water on his side of the bed. He must have just gotten up or something.

I started to turn when I felt a sore pain through my wrist. What the hell? What happened last night?

I saw a bandage over my wrist and immediately got confused with the lack of blood on the bandage. What could have possibly happened to where I needed a bandage?

I pulled it back to reveal something worse than a cut. A tattoo. I suddenly remembered I got it to remind me of Mark. I could see the Mark in the flower but it was barely visible. Luckily. How would telling that to Matt go.

How was explaining to Matt I got a tattoo in the first place going to go? He's going to be upset I did it with Mark. He's upset when I do ANYTHING with Mark. And to learn I did something permanently on my body with Mark is going to send him over their edge.

"Morning babe." I heard a soft voice say as the door opened from the bathroom. As the door opened, the music got louder and out came Matt wearing just a towel around his waist. I liked his scrawny but confident build shown off in his torso.

"Hey, can you turn that off?" I asked trying to act as normal as I could. He obviously could tell something was wrong though, or else he wouldn't have that dorky smile on his face.

"Yeah sorry. I like to listen to music when I shower." He said before stepping back in and closing the door behind him. I smiled lightly at him but the sound of the door closing rang loudly through my throbbing head. "You drink a little to bit?"

"Maybe a little." I said with a laugh. I threw my blanket over my head and curled back into a ball. I heard his drawer open and a towel drop. Not pulling this blanket away. This was awkward.

"I'm dressed Chloe." I heard him laugh. I sorta blushed before pulled the cover away to see Matt was wearing a pair of jeans. I smiled and tried to sit up more in the bed. He pulled on a grey shirt and his jacket. He sat on the bed before pulling on a pair of socks and shoes.

"Where you going?" I asked curiously. He smiled and leaned in to meet my lips gently.

"Ryan and I are going to the store. You want anything?" I reached over and laid my head in his lap. He chuckled and ran his newly clean hand through my hair. I felt myself smile being in Matt's arms.

"I'm good. Thank you though." I said before sitting back up. He gently kissed my lips before standing up and walking over to the door. He smiled. "Love you Matt."

"Love you too Chloe." He smiled and walked out without another word. I smiled and rolled back into my bed, trying to fall back asleep but my pounding headache was keeping me from doing so.

I probably laid in bed for a good 10 minutes before giving up and deciding to try and get coffee. It's always helped me with my hangovers. Though I don't go out drinking very often, when I do, I get WASTED.

I walked out and made a cup of coffee, black to help with my body. I poured it into a Captain America mug and walked over to the couch. There was a show on already, I assumed it was Ryan considering I haven't seen Mark at all today.

Suddenly, right as I thought that, I heard a loud enraged scream from upstairs. That was definitely Mark recording. Boy it must be nice for him to not wake up with a hangover. At least I can remember that he can't drink.

I began watching the show that was on, it was nothing special, but I liked sitting there not using my brain rather than try to get something done right now. My body will not let me.

"Hey Chloe. How you feeling?" I heard Mark ask from behind me. It sorta scared me, causing me to jump slightly, but I looked back at him and smiled.

"Been better. This headache is terrible. I hate hangovers." I said looking back to the TV. He walked around and sat on the couch next to me. Looking at what was on.

"Well you did drink quite a bit of alcohol last night." He said with a joking laugh. I rolled my eyes.

"Shhhh Mark. My head is pounding and your loud voice is not helping." I said with a joking smile. He smiled at me genuinely. Boy was it good to be comfortable with him again. I've missed it.

"Sorry sorry." He said getting quieter. "Anything I can get for you?" He asked gently. I smiled and looked up at him.

"I'm kinda hungry if you don't mind." I said turning my attention back to the TV. I heard him chuckle and walk towards the kitchen. I heard the fridge open and then suddenly something hit me in the side. It was really cold.

"Drink. You're gonna get dehydrated." Mark said as I looked over at him. "You look like
death Chloe. I'm going to get you some pain killers for your headache. Stay put." I smiled at him and reached a hand out. He walked over and grabbed it. He set his other hand on my cheek and kissed my forehead gently. It reminded me of way he treated me when Sean and I broke up.

*Flashback*

"Mark! He broke up with me." I cried as Mark picked up his phone. I heard him sigh slightly in the back and I didn't know what to do except cry.

"Sean? He broke up with you?" He answered. His calm, deep voice was so reassuring that I almost felt like I'd be okay.

"Who else?" I said quieting my cries to a quieter whimper. "Mark I'm dying here. I don't even know how to feel. I feel like my world is collapsing in on me."

"Sh. I'm coming over. Already in the car. I'll be there in 5." And the phone clicked. I threw it across my bed and buried myself in my blanket. All the crying has made me tired. I couldn't even keep my eyes open for a second.

When I woke up, I felt a tight arm around my waist and a soothing breathe down my neck. I remembered Sean and I broke up so who could this even be?

I turned over to see Mark laying next to me. His silky black hair and his glasses left on his face even though he was fast asleep. He held me really close, and I've never felt so at ease when I needed it. Mark brought me peace.

"Hey Mark." I whispered gently, shaking him. He opened his eyes slowly and a smile spread across his groggy face. I couldn't help but smile lightly, even through the intense heartbreak surging through my veins.

"Hey Chloe. You okay? Your mom let me in and I saw you were asleep. I didn't want to wake you up so I just laid down next to you and fell asleep. Sorry." He said pulling his arm away and stretching. I felt my smile fade and a wave of disappointment wash over me.

"It's okay. I didn't mind. I needed some rest anyway."  I said sitting up after he stood up. Suddenly, the fact that Mark was here didn't matter. I felt a surge of pure depression wash over me. Sean wasn't here. He wouldn't ever be again.

"Hey hey hey. Stop crying." Mark said soothingly as he sat back down next to me in the bed. He wrapped an arm around me and kissed my forehead lightly. "I know it hurts. But it's going to be okay. I promise you."

*End of flashback*

Mark came back down with two painkiller pills and began working on food. I took the pills and felt my headache starting to wash away. He was a life saver. He was my life saver.

"And here's lunch ma' lady." He said handing me a grilled cheese. I felt my heart stop. He remembered.

"Grilled cheese?" I said feeling tears pulling at my eyes. "Mark you remembered."

Since the beginning of time, grilled cheese has always been my comfort food. He used to make it for me all the time. Especially when I was going through my depression. And the fact that he remembered, it was honestly so heart warming.

"There's no way I'd ever forget. You mean to much to me to forget something like that Chloe." And that's when he sat down next to me, draped an arm around me shoulder, and I'd never been so happy to be with Mark again.