sixteen

I woke in the embrace of someone strong. Out in the cold, grass tickling my neck. I looked over to see a man with a beautiful smile and fluffy blue hair. I couldn't hold back a smile. Being in the arms of Mark was almost unreal. A fantasy coming true. 

"Good morning gorgeous. It's good to see you awake." I heard Mark's voice whisper quietly. It must be like 7 in the morning. I knew after last night that Matt, or probably anyone else, weren't up yet. They were probably hung over to a point where they wouldn't be waking all day. I didn't feel exceptional either, but I wasn't as drunk as some were. 

"You don't know how surreal it is to wake up to your face." I said with a giggle. He smiled gently, grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers gently. 

"Oh trust me I do." He said with a deep chuckle. "Maybe we could head in and make some coffee? I'm tired. But I also don't want to go back to sleep without you." He said before planting a soft kiss onto my lips. 

"Yeah sure. Hopefully Sean, Felix, or Marzia wake up before Matt or Ryan. That might look a bit suspicious to them." I said as we stood up. He followed me, close on my trail. Luckily we had gotten dressed again after swimming or else I'd be completely frozen. 

We stepped inside and Felix was already on the couch, watching TV. I stopped dead in my trail, Mark running into my back before his eyes opened wide in shock. Felix looked over to us, a smirk on his obviously worn out face. 

"Hey love birds. How was your night?" Felix asked, turning the volume on the TV down. Mark and I walked in, sliding the door closed behind us. I grabbed my sweatshirt off the table next to me and slid it on over my shivering body. 

"Why are you up?" Mark asked completely ignoring the question. I didn't know what to do. Felix and Mark were really close and I didn't really know what to do or what to say in this situation. I was somewhat lost here. 

"Time zones. I'm honestly just not very tired right now." Felix said running a hand through his hair. "But that's not the point. What happened last night? If you don't remember, I'm the one who revealed Mark's feelings for you Chloe. I'd like to know if it was worth while." Felix said taking a sip of tea from one of Mark's mugs. 

The way Felix was talking made him sound like a mastermind. He had his legs crossed and the mug in his hands, giving us a intellectual smirk. I looked to Mark, hoping he had an answer for all of this, but he just rolled his eyes. 

"Ooo. The lovebirds are awake." Sean said stepping out of thee bathroom. Perfect. Another person that knows about our scandal. I wasn't really worried about Sean though, I knew he had my best interests at heart. At least, I hope he still does. 

"Great. Another person. Who's all awake Felix?" Mark asked obviously getting frustrated that Felix wasn't letting everything he knew out to him. I felt so awkward. I was the one doing something wrong. Not Mark, he's not in a relationship. I am. It feels so wrong to have someone else know about it. 

"Oh it's just the two of us." Felix said with a laugh. Sean walked over to the couch and sat of the opposite side of it. I didn't know what to do, what to say, or how to keep myself from breaking hearts to early.

"You know what? I trust you guys. So yeah. Mark and I have feelings for each other. We have since childhood. So yes, we spent a night hanging out, talking, just enjoying each other. And no, I'm not sure what I'm going to do when it comes to Matt yet. But I do need some time so if you two could just keep this to yourself while I figure out what I want, that would be beyond appreciated. Thank you." I said storming off frustrated. 

They acted like I wasn't even there. Like this is some big joke when in reality, someone's heart is going to be broken. And it honestly could be Mark's. No matter how much I love him, I love Matt too. And this definitely isn't an easy decision. I need to think about it without the immaturity of Felix and Sean weighing in on me. 

I ran up the stairs to find somewhere quiet. Marzia was still asleep in the guest room and there was only one other room. Mark's recording room. I slipped in, trying not to make a lot of noise. I saw the spot where Mark records and decided I shouldn't mess with his set up. I sat against the wall on the opposite side of the room, letting the decision set in. 

"Hey, you okay?" I heard a familiar voice say. I looked up to see a warm smile and vibrant green hair. I looked down again and sighed. I haven't had a heart to heart with Sean in years. This could get real. 

"Been better." I said not looking up. I heard the door close and steps move towards me. I saw his flamingo socks and the bottom of his grey sweats as he approached me. I didn't look up, I couldn't. I was on the edge of tears. 

"Look, I'm sorry I was being insensitive. You don't deserve that. I know this probably isn't easy. I could tell you loved Mark. That's why I broke up with you. I knew you loved him." He said as he sank down next to me. I felt his arm reach it's way around me, comforting me as I felt tears slowly spilling. 

"Was it really that obvious?" I said curling up against him. He rubbed my arm gently, holding me as I let the tears take over. I didn't have any shame with Sean. 

"Yeah." He said with a laugh. "Just the way you talk about him, and the way you look at him. It's obvious from a standpoint of someone who's dating you. Knowing you don't get the look that your girlfriend gives to another guy is pretty hard to miss." Sean said running his free hand through my hair. 

"Why hasn't Matt seen it yet? We all live in the same house. If it was that obvious, wouldn't he have done something?" I asked looking at him. He smiled, wiping my cheeks gently with his thumb. 

"He probably has Chloe. Has Matt been protective? Asked you to not hang out with him? Or been passive aggressive when you do hang out with him?" Sean asked looking at me with a now serious face. 

"Yeah. I guess." I said recalling to all of Matt's disagreements when it came to me hanging out with Mark. "I just don't know what to do Sean." 

"Yes you do." He said with a slight laugh in his voice. "I know that deep down you know what you want. And that you're only second guessing yourself because you don't want to hurt anyone. That's just who you are Chloe. But I do think you should listen to your heart over your head. It's going to make you happier." 

He was right. The more I ran it through my head, the more I realized he was right. I knew who I wanted, I know what was real, I needed to ignore all my instincts telling me that it may not be rational. I need to do what will make me happy. 

"Let's go." I said jumping out of his hold and standing up. He looked at me with a surprised smile. "I know what I need to do."