Chapter 9

TERPSICHORE'S FIRE 

9. DOWNTOWN 

I don't know what it is that makes me love you so 

I only know I never want to let you go 

'Cause you've started something 

Oh, can't you see? 

That ever since we met 

You've had a hold on me 

It happens to be true 

I only want to be with you 

It doesn't matter where you go or what you do 

I want to spend each moment of the day with you 

Oh, look what has happened with just one kiss 

I never knew that I could be in love like this 

It's crazy but it's true 

I only want to be with you 

You stopped and smiled at me 

And asked if I'd care to dance 

I fell into your open arms 

And I didn't stand a chance 

Now listen honey 

I just want to be beside you everywhere 

As long as we're together, honey, I don't care 

'Cause you've started something 

Oh, can't you see? 

That ever since we met 

You've had a hold on me 

No matter what you do 

I only want to be with you 

Dusty Springfield 

Waking up late the following morning, after having such a wonderful evening and erotic night, felt very gratifying. I hoped for very many more nights like that one. Nikki woke up soon after me and promptly began to stretch and yawn. It was she who slowly sat up and then climbed out of bed first. As soon as her dainty little feet touched the floor, she quickly picked up her night shirt from the pile and threw it over herself. Presumably this was to cover up for modesty, because she knew that she was in someone else's house. Realising that she was probably about to go into the toilet or the bathroom to wash, I leapt out of bed and put my arms around her. I wanted to have one last deep kiss and cuddle, while still remaining nude myself, before the anti-climax of us both having to wash and get fully dressed again. While she went in the toilet and then to the bathroom, I crept back to my bedroom to put on some fresh underwear and find some fresh outer clothes. Then I went to the toilet and bathroom myself, before getting fully dressed. Just wait until the next time we spend the night together, I thought to myself, we'll make the excitement last even longer and do more erotic and exciting things. I was getting aroused all over again just at the thought of it. 

We were a bit too late for anything in the way of a breakfast, so my mum made us a small lunch and some cups of tea. It was a mild sunny Saturday morning. We had planned to go and look round Stevenage town centre that day, but we were in no hurry. It was not until about two in the afternoon that we finally left the house and got into my car parked in the road outside. Driving through a lot of busy Saturday shopping traffic, I parked in one of those short stay parking bays across the road from Bowes Lyon House; the scene of so much superstardom for us. 

"So what shall we do in town today?" I asked Nikki as I locked the car door. 

"Are there any good record shops around here?"