Chapter 15

TERPSICHORE'S FIRE 

15. SWIMMING AND SWINGING 

The other day I saw you walking 

You looked as pretty as a peach 

You looked so near 

But yet somehow, you're out of reach 

I could change the world 

If I had you 

I could change the world 

If I had you 

My daddy told me not to worry 

He said "son it always comes 

To he who waits" 

But as I wait I fear sometimes 

"Oh no! It's too late" 

I could change the world 

If I had you 

I could change the world 

If I had you..... 

The Korgis 

Summertime! The weather became warm enough for lots of outdoor activities that it is not so very pleasant to do in the winter. One of these was a visit that Nikki and I made to the Letchworth outdoor swimming pool on the edge of Norton Common one blistering hot sunny June day. Even though we were together as a couple this was at a time before many swimming centres had introduced family group changing facilities, so we had to split up and go to separate male and female changing areas. After I had changed into my trunks I went outside to look for her, but she wasn't ready yet, so I stood by the edge of the pool to wait for her. Presently, she appeared from over the other side, wearing a sexy little black and white leopard print one piece swimsuit. Like her, it was quite small, probably about size 12 or 14; it had no shoulder straps and was quite high cut over the hips. But being so skin tight it held itself in place in all the vital areas. After placing our towels down on the grassy slope nearby, we dived in and together swam several lengths before climbing out and sitting on the concrete edge to catch our breath. Despite the bright warm sunshine, I hadn't realised just how chilly the water still was and this made me shiver a little once we had climbed out again. After a short rest we slid back into the pool again for some more swimming up and down and general splashing about. The second time we climbed out she had had enough and she made a beeline straight for the towels to dry herself off and relax in the sunshine. I followed her and together we laid out our towels to lie on them, dry off and soak up some rays. Lying on her front with her head resting sideways on folded arms, I lay right up close next to her and put my arm around her waist. With the warm sunshine rapidly drying us off and warming us up neither of us felt like getting back in the water again and pretty soon we both began to doze off. I began to run my hand up and down the curve of her back and then went down to her buttocks to give them a good fondle and a squeeze. She murmured contentedly in response. So, with dozens of families with excited kids playing and splashing about in the distance far away from us, we were unperturbed and we slept for a little while. 

When my consciousness slowly returned to me, I turned onto my side to face her and opened my eyes to see her looking back at me dreamily and barely awake. Once again I ran my hand up and down the small of her back, up over her bare shoulders to the back of her neck and then proceeded to massage it. Then I had something I felt I really needed to say to her, right away. 

"Nikki-iee.....I think I'm in love with you.....Well, actually I know that I'm in love with you. Yes, I'm in love with you very very much." 

"Uh-huhhhh....." Was all she could murmur in response.