☀ five

t a e h y u n g

i was walking down the streets, earphones plugging in my ears. i put my hands inside the pockets of my black hoodie as i enjoyed the music. good thing i wore a hoodie cause the weather was kinda breezy, sending shivers up and down my spine.

suddenly i felt myself on the floor as i bumped into someone. i didn't recognize the person at first, but once my eyes met his i immediately knew who.

"jungkook? what happened to you?" i gave him a confused look. his eyes were glassy like he was about to burst into tears at any minute and his face was pale.

"can we head to your place?" he asked quietly. i nodded as we headed to my place. the walk was deadly silent, to be honest this was the first time i've ever seen him that quiet.

we finally reached my place. we walked in as i turned on the lights. he sat silently on the couch as i made my way to him. "i'll make some hot chocolate for both of us and when i come back you'll tell me what's going on, okay?" i said. he only nodded slowly, gazing at the window.

i made us the hot chocolate and sat beside jungkook as i gave him his cup. he smiled lightly, taking the cup from my hand.

"now kookie, tell me what happened?" i asked.

"today after school i went to ask areum out but park jimin beat me to it." he said, anger and frustration were clear in his voice as he bursted into tears.

i sat there speechless for a minute, completely taken aback from his sudden burst. i then patted on his back as he cried his heart out. i've never seen him this weak before, at least not after his mother's death.

we stayed like this for minutes until he finally stopped crying. he slowly lifted his cup, sipping a bit of his hot chocolate.

"why do the people i love fade away from me?" he said, still sobbing quietly. he placed the cup back on the table as he brought his legs close to his chest as he curled himself into a ball.

i didn't know what to say to comfort him, i suck at comforting people. i wanted to tell him that everything will be okay somehow but i couldn't bring myself to say it when i'm not sure.

all i could do was patting him on the back, i really feel helpless cause i didn't know what to do to help him.

"mianhae kookie. i don't know what to do, i'm such a bad friend." i said quietly, a bang of pain hit my heart. he slowly lifted his head.

"you're the only family i have now, hyung. thank you for always being in my life." he said in a low tune, his warm voice filling up the place. i smiled at him, patting him on the back.

"yah, stop with the patting hyung! i'm not a pet." he whined like a 5-year-old kid who didn't get candy. we suddenly bursted into laughing, letting the sounds of our laughters mix with each other as it filled the atmosphere.

i wish i could help you jungkook, i really do.

a/n: wow that was so depressing, i really feel sorry for the poor guy💔. anyways the book reached 100 reads and i can't be more happy rn!! ily and keep reading~