☀ thirteen

the next morning jungkook finally had some guts and asked areum to spend the day with him and she agreed wholeheartedly. he was relieved to hear her say 'yes' and quickly got up to get ready for the big day.

[+++++++]

at the amusement park

j u n g k o o k

once we reached the amusement park, areum started running around like a 5-year-old kid. to be honest she was so cute and the look on her face brought joy to my heart. i silently followed her as i found myself staring deeply at her, watching her every move.

while we were walking around she suddenly stopped and grinned mischievously at me. it took me a good minute to realize that we stopped by the rollercoaster. i froze and my heart suddenly started beating faster I FEAR HEIGHTS! i mentally screamed and panic consumed me for a second but tried my best not to show it. i mentally put a note to kill taehyung after this.

"uh kookie, are you okay?" she said worriedly as she noticed the panic on my face. "y-yeah i'm good. let's go." i managed to keep my cool as we headed to the rollercoaster.

it's gonna be one hell of a ride. i thought before i headed to the seat and buckled the seatbelt tightly and prayed that i'd make it out safe. i suddenly felt her hand right on top of mine, i looked at her to be greeted with her charming reassuring smile. i took a deep breath as i felt adrenaline rushed through my whole body as the rollercoaster started going up.

i heavily sighed once the ride was done. not gonna ride rollercoasters for the rest of my life. i noted to myself. as we were walking i looked to my left and saw areum laugh so hard, i looked back at her and laughed as well.

we played many other games after and won so many prizes. although it was scary af, but it was definitely worth it.

sun was about to go down so areum suggested that we should sit and watch the sunset together. i agreed as we sat down on a bench.

"areum, i wanna tell you something." i suddenly blurted out of the blue. "what is it, jungkook?" she said as she turned her head towards me.

"remember when you used to receive so many polaroid pictures of yourself from a secret admirer? well, i was that secret admirer." i went silent for a moment before continuing.

"to be honest, i've had a crush on you for a while now but was scared to tell you in case you rejected me and then our friendship would be ruined and i surely didn't want this to happen.."

i was about to continue when i was cut off by areum's lips crashing into mine. i froze for a moment, trying to convince myself that this is actually happening before kissing her back.

it was kinda long, yet so cute and passionate. we broke the kiss and grasped for some oxygen.

"you know what? i was secretly hoping that you'd be the secret admirer cause i've been developing some feelings for you, especially ever since you stood by me when jimin ditched me."

"you've been always by my side when no one was, when i needed a shoulder to cry on you were the first one to offer me yours. i just needed time to realize that you were the one for me. and now that this time has come i just wanna say that i really like, no love you, jungkookie." she said.

i couldn't really describe how happy and touched i was upon hearing these words of hers. i didn't think twice before embracing her in a tight hug.

"i love you too, baby." i whispered lightly in her ears as i kissed her forehead.

a/n: finally back with a new chap yaayy! hope you guys like it~ and sorry for the long wait, blame finals for that lol😂